Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 05:28 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,635,281 times

Advertisements

Has anyone eaten there? What did you think? I've never had them before and was wondering if it's worth it. I really wanted to order from Chris & Rob's Chicago's Taste Authority but I'm out of their delivery zone. Too bad because their menu looks incredible!

So, how's Carbone's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,327,532 times
I've loved any Carbone's Pizza I've ever eaten--one of my favorite pizzas in the metro! The Sausage & Onion is my favorite.

I have no idea where in Edina, the Carbones is though. The one I go to is on 50th Street at Ewing in Mpls, just east of Edina.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM

That's so great to hear, Todd, thanks! I really enjoy trying new pizza joints. The one in Edina has only been open for a year. They're at 3724 West 50th St. I think On your recommendation, I'm calling them. (Taco Pizza for me!) Will let you know what I think.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 PM

687 posts, read 1,249,820 times
I've never been disappointed with Carbone's, but it's not something I'd go out of my way for. Also, there seems to be quite a difference between the various Carbone's around (some are pretty much just pizza, there's one in Lexington that has a bit more extensive menu).

The last time I was at a Chris & Rob's I wasn't very impressed. I'm also not much of a hot dog person, so it might not be a place for me. This was also the Fridley location, so maybe the others are different.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Thanks, northsub!

Well, dinner arrived and I'm digesting. If a pizza place serves taco pizza, it's on that pizza that I judge them because a good taco pizza is not easy to find. It takes care. I hate when the lettuce is baked with the pizza. I hate it when there's no taco flavor. I hate it when the ingredients are just thrown on the pizza without being properly cut up. (Who wants huge hunks of lettuce and nearly whole taco chips on a pizza?)

Well, I can say that Carbone's, hands down, has the best taco pizza I've ever had in the Twin Cities. My only "complaint" is that they square cut the pizza instead of slicing it. IMO, that makes eating it very messy - especially when it's a taco pizza.

I also ordered their cheesy bread. Nine times out of ten, I usually hate it. This time I didn't. It was not only flavorful and very cheesy, it was very appetizing looking! Their choice of bread to use was perfect. A small taco pizza and a 1/2 order (2 pieces of cheesy bread) came to $21.17. $26 after the tip. A bit on the pricey side. But, that's Edina for you.

I'll order from them again. I'll just ask for it in slices, not squares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul