Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 PM

411 posts, read 992,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by audadvnc View Post
Stop yer bellyachin' -

When I moved to the Twin Cities I had a date within a week. You just have to go out and do it.
Well so did I. Cost me a bit and the resulting mug shot was a bit embarrassing but it was a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 PM

166 posts, read 376,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M74 View Post
OK, I know I'm going to some ridding from this but oh well these posts are too funny. Despite what the media portrays woman don't like their men prettier then they are. Maybe if the OP spent some time on social skills and a little less on primping, the ladies might come sniffin' around your door.

Rude? Maybe. I live in AZ, were it's sunny all the time so I can give a "sun belt" perspective. I'm male, 37 years old, married with kids. I'm in the health and fitness industry and have been for ever it seems. In my early twenties I would here dudes talk the way the OP is. I didn't get it because I had no issues in the lady department. Now I'm making a BIG generalization here as I think the OP fits in this category, but most of these guys were very "metro" and thinking they were ripped and had nice primped hair. I lift. But I didn't start lifting to be small. These "men" were just tiny dudes trying too hard. Women want there men to look like men. I don't mean sloppy fat dudes but muscular, fit guys with a nice personality and a job. Be funny and lead an interesting life and women will find that more attractive then the "jersey shore, frosted tipped hair cut, shaved hairless twelve year old body with the personality of an inmate.

I know I'm being a D*** but I get advice a lot form young guys in the gym and since I've been back at school getting my EMT license. From fitness related questions to the "why can't I get a date?" Or the best "what did I say? She just walked away?" "Your married why do they talk to you and not me?" I am soooooo not the player as I've been happily married to my best friend for 15 years and have NO GAME. But my answer is always the same. "Maybe your boring and you look twelve."

We are relocating to the Twin Cities soon and we have been there a couple times. From the time I've been there, from what people have said who live there, to ALL the amenities and activities that the city has to offer I find it hard to believe there are no women. Um and there is quite a few colleges there too. My finale answer to the OP would be this: "Maybe it's you dude."

Breaking into cliques is tough no matter where you live. They are in every state. Some people can't break out of there social skills they leaned in High School. These people I've found aren't very interesting anyway so don't waste your time. Again, take care of yourself but not in a disorder kind of way. Be nice. Be employed and some what educated and lead an interesting life. Women will find that appealing. I promise.

First off thank you everyone for the responses! Very helpful so far! Now let me address this comment. As far as working on social skills I believe I have plenty. I have a nationwide network of friends that I have from traveling and just basic networking. When I say I've only had problems in the Chicago/Milwaukee region i am being serious and not saying things just to hear myself talk. I had no issues finding women in PHX and find that women here in the Lake Michigan region tend to be most attracted to the bad boy types such as wanna be rappers, white trash neck sleeve d-bags, and drug users. This brings me to another point you made about being employed and interesting. I have an up and coming career as an aviator where i have had some adventures that many can only dream of! Trust me my life has been many things but boring is not one of them! As far as being muscular I can tell you I am slimmer build but defined. At 5 10 I would look like quite the d-bag being a beefcake just saying. So maybe it is me but we can't fit in everywhere now can we? I was just looking to see how i would fit in Minneapolis since I find it a desirable place to be. After hearing posts about it being more liberal and open minded than everywhere else in the midwest I think it might be a pretty good fit. Thank you for your input though.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:27 PM
M74

46 posts, read 114,994 times
mod cut

GQpilot3, I think you'll fit in fine anywhere. A pilot? That's cool! Right up there with Firefighter. YOU are far from boring. If anyone read my earlier grumpy posts I did say I was giving a GENERALIZATION. You obviously don't fit the bill. I stand corrected. Forums are a funny thing. People get so testy and take the fun out of a little ribbing. If I offended you Mr. Pilot my apologies.

mod cut

Note to self: No city data when I'm having less then a stellar day. Apparently I'm a bad elf, or a south pole elf.

Last edited by golfgal; 10-05-2011 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 10-05-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M74 View Post
GQpilot3, I think you'll fit in fine anywhere. A pilot? That's cool! Right up there with Firefighter. YOU are far from boring. If anyone read my earlier grumpy posts I did say I was giving a GENERALIZATION. You obviously don't fit the bill. I stand corrected. Forums are a funny thing. People get so testy and take the fun out of a little ribbing. If I offended you Mr. Pilot my apologies.

Note to self: No city data when I'm having less then a stellar day. Apparently I'm a bad elf, or a south pole elf.
It's cool man maybe I took you a little out of context it's always hard to tell on a forum lol. Just remember though when you guys are nice and relaxed sleeping with no bumps it's boring for us!

Last edited by golfgal; 10-05-2011 at 05:37 AM..

Old 10-09-2011, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 10,943 times
The Twin Cities is a great place to build your community, make friends and find dates. There are plenty of arts, culture and sports to enjoy, and lots of yummy restaurants.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecting Traveler View Post
The Twin Cities is a great place to build your community, make friends and find dates. There are plenty of arts, culture and sports to enjoy, and lots of yummy restaurants.
Thank you LOL that is what I like to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul