Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 01:30 AM

413 posts, read 758,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony45 View Post
I was in Kevin Mchale's house in North Oaks once for work--very cool house. He's got a shower with like 4 heads and they are like 10' high. I remember the nicest home I saw in North Oaks-I mean it was an outright mansion. I was in the garage so I expected to see fancy cars, all they had was Toyota Corollas and a mini van. The lady was making sandwiches to bring in a cooler because they were going somewhere and she told me they don't waste money on eating out. I'm looking around at their 10 million dollar house and just amazed. I guess that is how you get wealthy, making smart choices with your money.
Well, when you're almost 7' tall, you're going to need to have some custom built stuff like shower heads in your house.

That said, when I was in college, I stopped into a hardware store in White Bear, and McHale was in there buying some wire to hang pictures. I was a bit star-struck, and the owner said to me that he came in all the time for various things, like any other homeowner, despite the fact he was worth millions.

Some people just don't change with money. Some do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 01:04 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,369,937 times
I heard McHale lived in NO. Was it one of the really huge ones that you see on your left when you first come in from the South entrance? I heard it was one of those.

And yeah, being frugal (Warren Buffet still drives an (older) Lincoln Continental, one Walton still drives his truck) is only common sense to me. But that's just me.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:18 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,213,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I worked for a house cleaning company when I was just out of high school for a few years and they catered to the rich. I've seen the fancy lifestyles and was treated well by many and like "the help" by others.
You were "the help".

Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM

23,771 posts, read 28,847,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I heard McHale lived in NO. Was it one of the really huge ones that you see on your left when you first come in from the South entrance? I heard it was one of those.

And yeah, being frugal (Warren Buffet still drives an (older) Lincoln Continental, one Walton still drives his truck) is only common sense to me. But that's just me.
what a dump, his neighbors probably don't like having to put up with him.
Kevin McHale House Pictures - CelebrityHousePictures.com

Old 11-30-2011, 03:53 PM

332 posts, read 818,701 times
it does not look THAT dumpy.
edit: I hope you were being facetious.

Last edited by danielle_pal; 11-30-2011 at 04:25 PM..

Old 11-30-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
what a dump, his neighbors probably don't like having to put up with him.
Kevin McHale House Pictures - CelebrityHousePictures.com
Surely this is sarcasm? That house is hardly a dumpy. If you see it from the back side it's absolutely massive, and beautiful.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 PM

10,629 posts, read 26,623,399 times
They all look pretty hideous to me, although presumably the "dump" comment was a joke. You couldn't pay me enough to live somewhere like that! To each his own, though.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:04 PM

23,771 posts, read 28,847,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
They all look pretty hideous to me, although presumably the "dump" comment was a joke. You couldn't pay me enough to live somewhere like that! To each his own, though.
Seriously! they only have a 3-car garage, where on earth would one have the hired help park their sub-standard vehicles so as to not have the neighbors think that they were yours!?

Old 11-30-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
LOL

Seriously, if you drive in through the South entrance and see the back of that house you would seriously reconsider that comment. Go on, drive down 96 to the South entrance and head in and it's right on your left among all those houses. I know because that field behind his house there is the field you will see. Garnett has a house somewhere in there (or did) as well, I was told.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,627,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
LOL

Seriously, if you drive in through the South entrance and see the back of that house you would seriously reconsider that comment. Go on, drive down 96 to the South entrance and head in and it's right on your left among all those houses. I know because that field behind his house there is the field you will see. Garnett has a house somewhere in there (or did) as well, I was told.
I have seen almost every Athlete's home in the Twin Cities. I used to be crazy when I was a teen and drive around and scope them out..

McHale's house is nice. Very nice. People are right, from the backside it looks ginormous.

Kevin Garnett's house in Orono was basic. Big yard, but basic. Randy Moss' house by Medina was a nice, country like cottage that was huge.

Johan Santana had a house down the road from KQRS Tom Barnard.

Adrian Peterson's house in EP is in a typical subdivision, nothing spectactular. However, I have a feeling that he'll be upgrading soon with that new $100 million contract.

Garnett's is in the middle with the perfectly round lake

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N+Oron...h&z=16&vpsrc=6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul