Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I strongly suspect that Ghengis was behind this..
No, I hate the name Wild and can't understand how they thought that this was so clever. I wanted the name to reflect something mythical but tied to our folf-lore, something larger-than-life, uniquely Minnesotan that reflected the tough yet sensitive culture that defines us, I wanted the name to be The Minnesota Hansons...

no, not these Hansons!

Hanson - MMMBop - YouTube

these Hansons (NSFW)

The Hanson Brothers - MmmBop - YouTube

Last edited by Ghengis; 11-23-2011 at 01:44 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 01:44 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
No, I wanted the name to reflect something uniquely Minnesotan that reflected the tough yet sensitive culture that defines us, I wanted the name to be The Minnesota Hansons...

no, not these Hansons!

these Hansons (NSFW)
Dude! Old time hockey! My wife's Dad grew up in Virginia, MN, and apparently played a bit pond hockey with the Carlsons. Goalie. I sure wouldn't do it...

Too bad Jack Carlson (former North Stars enforcer) couldn't be in the film as well to make the Carl^H^H^H^HHanson brothers more true to life.

Place of worship for these fine examples of native Minnesota youth:

hansonbrothers.net | The Official Home of the Hanson Brothers

Place of worship for some other Hansons who I guess can play at least three chords (which covers most of the Ramones' repertoire):

The Hanson Brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-23-2011, 01:56 PM

411 posts, read 992,727 times
And none of that stinkin' root beer!

Old 11-25-2011, 11:16 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I'd call them the Minnesota Foreigners because 92% of the players are from outside of the USA. 23 out of the 25 players are from outside of the USA which is pretty typical. The good news is the two players from the USA were (token) ex-Minnesotans. See Wild Roster - Minnesota Wild - Team

Here-we-go Foreigners here-we-go. CLAP CLAP!

If 92% of the players are Foreigners, what makes them a MN team? Just because they play 1/2 of there games here??
What the...

Do you even pay attention to Minnesota hockey, the NHL and the amount of players we have in the game?

For starters, the state produces more NHLers than any other state, by a decent margin.

Second, if we assembled an Minnesota-only NHL team, we would pretty much be one of the best in the league:

Blake
Langenbruner
Cullen

Johnson
Byfuglien

Backes
Parise
Wheeler

Leddy
Martin

Stepan
Leopold
Peterson

Ballard
Gilbert

And those are just the three lines I thought of assembling. There are a number of other Minnesotans in the league. Quite honestly I'm disgusted that Chuck Fletcher hasn't done more to get some of these AMAZING natives to the Wild. Get real dude.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:48 PM

9,742 posts, read 11,165,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
What the...

Do you even pay attention to Minnesota hockey, the NHL and the amount of players we have in the game?

For starters, the state produces more NHLers than any other state, by a decent margin.

Second, if we assembled an Minnesota-only NHL team, we would pretty much be one of the best in the league:

Blake
Langenbruner
Cullen

Johnson
Byfuglien

Backes
Parise
Wheeler

Leddy
Martin

Stepan
Leopold
Peterson

Ballard
Gilbert

And those are just the three lines I thought of assembling. There are a number of other Minnesotans in the league. Quite honestly I'm disgusted that Chuck Fletcher hasn't done more to get some of these AMAZING natives to the Wild. Get real dude.
Dude. 92% of the Wild are foreigners. What part of that is confusing?

Old 11-25-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Dude. 92% of the Wild are foreigners. What part of that is confusing?
You think we should name the team the "foreigners"?

20% of NHLers are now AMERICAN. MANY are Minnesotan. I don't care how many (to an extent) of our players are American - more so Minnesotan means nothing because our dumb club can't secure them is only because of politics. The USA Olympic team is widely considered to be among the top in the world. Our team's motto is "the State of Hockey." Hockey is our state's pastime.

What are you missing here?

Old 11-25-2011, 04:51 PM

9,742 posts, read 11,165,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
You think we should name the team the "foreigners"?

20% of NHLers are now AMERICAN. MANY are Minnesotan. I don't care how many (to an extent) of our players are American - more so Minnesotan means nothing because our dumb club can't secure them is only because of politics. The USA Olympic team is widely considered to be among the top in the world. Our team's motto is "the State of Hockey." Hockey is our state's pastime.

What are you missing here?
This isn't "our" team if 92% of the players are from different countries just because they play 1/2 of their games here and they call themselves "Minnesota". They are the "Minnesota" Wild by name only.

But since 100% of the Kid's from "Andover" MN are from Andover, they logically should be called the "Andover" Huskies. Since 95% of the MN Gophers are from MN, logically they should be called the "Minnesota" Gophers.

I cannot make it any simpler than that. Yes, the "Minnesota" Vikings have an owner from NJ and he will sell his sole to the highest bidder. So he may leave our State. Additionally, they players are not from MN. Therefore I don't care a nickel about the "Minnesota" Vikings. Unlike you and others, I don't need to pretend that this is "my" team.

So if you are following my (solid) logic the best name for the MN Wild is the "foreigners" because it best describes the teams make-up. It really is that simple.

While we are at it, since only 20% of the players are from the USA. We should change the name of the National Hockey League to the WHL or World Hockey League. I don't have a problem with foreign players. I am simply presenting some honest food for thought.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
This isn't "our" team if 92% of the players are from different countries just because they play 1/2 of their games here and they call themselves "Minnesota". They are the "Minnesota" Wild by name only.

But since 100% of the Kid's from "Andover" MN are from Andover, they logically should be called the "Andover" Huskies. Since 95% of the MN Gophers are from MN, logically they should be called the "Minnesota" Gophers.

I cannot make it any simpler than that. Yes, the "Minnesota" Vikings have an owner from NJ and he will sell his sole to the highest bidder. So he may leave our State. Additionally, they players are not from MN. Therefore I don't care a nickel about the "Minnesota" Vikings. Unlike you and others, I don't need to pretend that this is "my" team.

So if you are following my (solid) logic the best name for the MN Wild is the "foreigners" because it best describes the teams make-up. It really is that simple.

While we are at it, since only 20% of the players are from the USA. We should change the name of the National Hockey League to the WHL or World Hockey League. I don't have a problem with foreign players. I am simply presenting some honest food for thought.
Dear Lord. I am done with you. I don't want to lose my cool and get ugly with you, so, I will just end by saying this - you sound like someone who has NEVER played one day of hockey in your life (outside of some pathetic palsy version somewhere on a pond) so good luck with your diluted view on the game of hockey in Minnesota.

Sheesh...some people.

And please, don't support our NHL franchise. (can only imagine having to sit next to a person like you at the X.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul