Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM

9,673 posts, read 11,028,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyFromCleveland18 View Post
So are you saying that people on welfare have a lower IQ than the general population?
I think people who act like punks are dumb. I took the leap that that have low IQ's. I could be wrong. If fact, I have to give people "props" who figure out how to get subsidized food, heat, free housing, free college education, and no-cost healthcare without working. It's not glamorous but it works. So while I only want to afford 2 children, other people can reproduce without an economic recourse because the government pays.

If you don't have to work in order to get by, then why pay attention in school? If you want something special, all you need to do it steal from someone else. That's the culture.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 12-28-2011 at 12:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 12:44 PM

411 posts, read 988,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyFromCleveland18 View Post
Haha, I love it, Minneapolis is finally getting a taste of what it's like to be a mixed race city in America today. I knew Pleasantville would change eventually.
So the feel of a mixed race city is one of violence? It follows then that an all white city of the same size would be completely safe. Though you would never say that an all black city could be Pleasantville because blacks are violent folk.

Why is this crap tolerated on these boards? Especially from people who don't live or have never lived here? Especially someone from the mistake on the lake. Why are you even posting here???

Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,569,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I have researched riots all over the world and I can tell you all that there is usually one underlining theme to these disturbances. It doesn't matter if you are talking about flash mobs in malls, hockey fans in Canada or hooligans in Europe there is a single common component that is present at these disturbances and that is the chairs.

Oh, I'm not talking about cushey barcalougers in some suburban enclave or a trendy 3-legged bar stool in some hipster uptown coffee shop. I'm talking about your low-life, plastic, mass-produced unimaginative good-for-nuthin food court piece of trash chair.

Many times these chairs launch themselves seemingly on their own in order to instigate even more hatred from the other side. Who will then throw their nearby chairs back in a kind of unnatural chair mixing that would seem to be the chairs' ultimate goal in starting these things in the first place.

Usually one or two alone won't pose a problem, but you get a dozen or so of these together and they just look to stir things up.
You're a genius! This only serves to prove my suspicion. It isn't the guest on the Jerry Springer show causing all the uproar, it's the chairs! They sure are sneaky. They make it look as if the guests are picking them up and throwing them at each other.

I have some chairs at home that i'm gonna keep a close eye on from now on.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:21 PM

23,771 posts, read 28,854,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
You're a genius! This only serves to prove my suspicion. It isn't the guest on the Jerry Springer show causing all the uproar, it's the chairs! They sure are sneaky. They make it look as if the guests are picking them up and throwing them at each other.

I have some chairs at home that i'm gonna keep a close eye on from now on.
be especially wary of the cheap ones as they seem to have some kind of axe to grind...

CZW - Chair Riot [BOTB 8] - YouTube

Old 12-28-2011, 01:30 PM

9,673 posts, read 11,028,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
While obviously there are lots of larger issues to address when kids get out of control (whatever their background, race, city of origin, etc.), you don't have to look very far to realize that whatever causes mobs like this to run wild is not, despite what some might like to think, limited to black teens -- what about the University of Minnesota hockey riot? I don't remember the profiles of the people arrested, but I think it's a safe assumption that they weren't black teenagers.
You bring up a great point. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:36 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,569,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
be especially wary of the cheap ones as they seem to have some kind of axe to grind...

CZW - Chair Riot [BOTB 8] - YouTube

I say this chair got what it deserved then.

Ole Miss player breaks chair - YouTube

Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,628,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
Thanks. It's a shame we can't restrict it to MSP dwellers.

Dude, Minneapolis and St. Paul need the suburbs more than the suburbs need Minneapolis and St. Paul. It is what it is.

Without the Suburbs, The Twin Cities would be just MPLS and STP. A nice little metro consisting of those two and a few inner-rings... It would be similar to an Indianapolis, Nashville, Milwaukee, Columbus, Austin, Cleveland.

So keep being a typical Minneapolitan that thinks the world revolves around them. You're a dense inner-city of 380,000 people. If people wanted to live there they would, but they don't, so the rest of the 3 million Twin Citians reside in Suburbs.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:04 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,628,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You bring up a great point. Thanks for the reminder.
Everybody knows black people hate hockey

Joke people. It's healthy for you.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,380,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
Dude, Minneapolis and St. Paul need the suburbs more than the suburbs need Minneapolis and St. Paul. It is what it is.

Without the Suburbs, The Twin Cities would be just MPLS and STP. A nice little metro consisting of those two and a few inner-rings... It would be similar to an Indianapolis, Nashville, Milwaukee, Columbus, Austin, Cleveland.

So keep being a typical Minneapolitan that thinks the world revolves around them. You're a dense inner-city of 380,000 people. If people wanted to live there they would, but they don't, so the rest of the 3 million Twin Citians reside in Suburbs.
i wish it would let me give you positive rep points. i'll try tomorrow

Just ignore these city folks, they're just crabby cause there bus home was running a little late so they have to take out there anger on suburban folks

Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,644,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post

I'm pretty sure that if Mpls. or St. Paul did not exist, places like Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Eden Prairie etc. would still be forest and bean fields.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul