Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 06:24 PM

166 posts, read 391,461 times

Advertisements

I haven't went out with caucasian girls since I was in college and the reason for it it because being married to someone who shares the same ethnicity makes life a lot easier and have more understanding between couples, However it greatly diminishes the availability of dates (supply and demand kind of thing. Plus as my hobbies and priorities in life change......I find myself more and more in-line with the stuff caucasians are intrsted than .... For this reason, I am now thinking about dating "white girls" but I don't know how to approach them out side the influence of alcohol and loud music (no offense as I did back then).... I am wondering if there are good suggestions from city-data friends?

Old 03-15-2012, 07:05 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic View Post
I haven't went out with caucasian girls since I was in college and the reason for it it because being married to someone who shares the same ethnicity makes life a lot easier and have more understanding between couples, However it greatly diminishes the availability of dates (supply and demand kind of thing. Plus as my hobbies and priorities in life change......I find myself more and more in-line with the stuff caucasians are intrsted than .... For this reason, I am now thinking about dating "white girls" but I don't know how to approach them out side the influence of alcohol and loud music (no offense as I did back then).... I am wondering if there are good suggestions from city-data friends?
I would suggest that if you see a young lady that "catches your fancy", that approach her just as you would approach any girl.

Man, if you're serious and sincere, then just talk to her and be honest with her about who you are and what your intentions are.

It's 2012. I truly believe that the overwhelming majority of people have evolved to the point that skin color is a totally irrelevant issue. I think more than likely, the lady will say yes or no, based upon your presentation.

If I may give you a little advice.

Judging by your opening statement, I believe that you still have some soul searching to do regarding your own comfort level with interracial dating. Honestly, if I were a young lady, I would be very hesitant to go out with you because your interest doesn't seem sincere. I get the impression that, at least in your own mind, that you are "settling" for dating white women.

I don't know you and I'm not judging but I am telling you what kind of impression or vibe that I am getting from you. Remember first impressions are lasting impressions and you don't get a second chance to make that good impression.

Just some food for thought.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:08 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,732 times
Be certain you are divorced first. Try your luck. You will sink or swim based on your approach to any woman (as was mentioned), and you may wind up with someone nice. And lose the alcohol, you are good enough without it. Really.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 AM

332 posts, read 822,250 times
try a online dating site. I never did it as I got married before it came out but it makes sense to me!

Old 03-17-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I would suggest that if you see a young lady that "catches your fancy", that approach her just as you would approach any girl.

Man, if you're serious and sincere, then just talk to her and be honest with her about who you are and what your intentions are.

It's 2012. I truly believe that the overwhelming majority of people have evolved to the point that skin color is a totally irrelevant issue. I think more than likely, the lady will say yes or no, based upon your presentation.

If I may give you a little advice.

Judging by your opening statement, I believe that you still have some soul searching to do regarding your own comfort level with interracial dating. Honestly, if I were a young lady, I would be very hesitant to go out with you because your interest doesn't seem sincere. I get the impression that, at least in your own mind, that you are "settling" for dating white women.

I don't know you and I'm not judging but I am telling you what kind of impression or vibe that I am getting from you. Remember first impressions are lasting impressions and you don't get a second chance to make that good impression.

Just some food for thought.
I would suggest that if you see a young lady that "catches your fancy", ahhhhh I just saw at least 50 today thanks for advise.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:23 AM

online dating????? haha nah that takes out the spantenousity and quite frankly online dating is for desperates (no offense).

Old 03-17-2012, 12:42 PM

332 posts, read 822,250 times
lol I know a lot of successful (surgeons, lawyers, pharmacists, nurses, PAs) people who have met their spouse due to an online dating service. I think that your ideas about online dating are outdated.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic View Post
online dating????? haha nah that takes out the spantenousity and quite frankly online dating is for desperates (no offense).
Your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul