Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,720,834 times

Advertisements

A few years back I read about a company/non profit/club that basically sent someone to your house & planted/tended/harvested a garden for you in your own yard or would show you how to do it yourself, sort of be your garden coach. There was a set fee (I recall it being very reasonable) + half the harvest (which they may have been donating to a shelter/food kitchen or something?). They may have been in Linden Hills? I vaguely remember something about their gardening club meetings being in a church over there once a month or something? There are a lot of fuzzy memories here so forgive me if I'm a little off but that was the gist of it.

Anyone know this place or something like it in the Twin Cities?

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,898,073 times
Not sure if this is the same outfit but came across them at the recent Mpls Home & Garden show and I spent a little bit of time talking to them and meant to do some more research into this...

Home - A Back Yard Farm

"We will design, install maintain and harvest your personalized "mini-farm" or, We can install your farm and you can do the farming yourself."

Old 03-15-2012, 11:24 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,720,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Not sure if this is the same outfit but came across them at the recent Mpls Home & Garden show and I spent a little bit of time talking to them and meant to do some more research into this...

Home - A Back Yard Farm

"We will design, install maintain and harvest your personalized "mini-farm" or, We can install your farm and you can do the farming yourself."
Great call This is not the exact company I was looking for but sounds like the same concept, although somehow I suspect it's gonna be a little more expensive than I thought. Those beds don't look cheap

Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,898,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Great call This is not the exact company I was looking for but sounds like the same concept, although somehow I suspect it's gonna be a little more expensive than I thought. Those beds don't look cheap
IIRC their maintenance program was not unreasonable if you are going with the basic (prep-plant-weed-harvest) program and not building raised beds, which there's plenty of kits available for on line for much less.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:14 PM

701 posts, read 1,701,197 times
I remember reading an article about that a couple years ago too. I can't remember what it was called, but just found this one: Yards to Gardens Yards to Gardens - home

Old 03-23-2012, 08:35 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,127,944 times
I was at Sam's Club today and they have kits for sale that look pretty much like that link posted. I didn't see the price as I was in a bit of a hurry but it would be worth looking into if you are still interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul