Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,298 times

Advertisements

here's the deal. 2 adults. 3 kids. ages 8, 6 and 3 months. im in a nice condo in edina right now. perfect spot. However, more space would be great. I prefer my kids stay in the richfield school district. i dont want them to have to change schools. but if they must, st louis park is fine with me. so 3 bedrooms or even a 2 bedroom with huge square feet. $1300 maximum. preferably some utilities included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 01:24 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
Keep in mind that if you move, you can keep your kids in their current district through the open enrollment option in MN, drawback is you have to get them back and forth to school but if that works with your schedule, it helps the apartment/house hunting. Talk to the principal (or really the secretary) at the school for how they go about this in their school for current students.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:32 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,734,165 times
Richfield is probably your best bet. It tends to the cheapest of the three. Keep searching -- I've seen 3-BR houses or duplexes for rent in that budget. I know you say Richfield/Edina/SLP, but I'd throw SW Minneapolis into the mix, too, just in case somewhere along the border has something. If you're okay with a busier street there are a lot of house rentals on Penn that would probably be pretty affordable. Get off of Penn and things are nicer, but it might be pushing it to keep under the $1300 mark. But live somewhere like, say, 60th and Penn and you'd be in a different district (although with very good local schools), but you'd be very close to Richfield to do open enrollment. You could even potentially get a bus drop-off nearby (I think I've heard of people doing that, but don't take my word on it) on the Richfield border, if you can't drive them to/from school each day. If you want to check out that option just drive up Penn this weekend and look for rental signs. But overall I think your best bet will still be in Richfield itself. 3-BR rentals are in high-demand, so just keep looking. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul