U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 AM

3 posts, read 56,983 times

Advertisements

Hello again! My boyfriend and I just had a showing and are seriously considering moving in on May 1st. However, I just checked out Apartment Ratings.com and it looks like it is not the best place to live. Anyone here have any insight? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 12:28 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,288,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakeinvasion View Post
Hello again! My boyfriend and I just had a showing and are seriously considering moving in on May 1st. However, I just checked out Apartment Ratings.com and it looks like it is not the best place to live. Anyone here have any insight? Thanks!
I don't know anything about that facility, but FWIW, I'm not sure I've ever seen an apartment complex that actually has good ratings on apartmentratings. Sort of attracts the folks who want to vent, moreso than the ones who are happy.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:59 PM

20,793 posts, read 58,602,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stpontiac View Post
I don't know anything about that facility, but FWIW, I'm not sure I've ever seen an apartment complex that actually has good ratings on apartmentratings. Sort of attracts the folks who want to vent, moreso than the ones who are happy.
I strongly agree with this. If you look at apartment ratings there is no good place to live anywhere. If you also look carefully you see the "same" reports at several different complexes .

Hopefully someone here can give you better info.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM

10,629 posts, read 25,447,316 times
Sorry, no info on Creamette in particular, but I totally agree that you shouldn't let the ratings sway your decision -- I think the only people who post on there are those who are angry about something, and often unjustifiably so.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:32 AM

455 posts, read 602,823 times
Also no opinion on the management of Creamette in particular, but I lived right there on 1st St for a short time and thought it was a pretty cool area to be, depending of course on your particular needs and lifestyle (e.g., parking, commute, amenities, etc.). I'm not sure what your particular concerns are, though, so that may not be helpful at all...

Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 PM

11 posts, read 24,705 times
I recently looked at Creamette Lofts and decided against it. It just cost too much for what you get.

Creamette Lofts is a 'Section 42' apartment complex, but don't let that scare you away. Section 42 means that a certain portion of the units (50% at Creamette) are designated as "affordable" which in this case is $860/mo for a 1BR. Not at all affordable, IMO. The "market-rate" units at Creamette go for $1060, if I remember correctly.

On my income, I would have qualified for the "affordable" rent price, but I'm currently paying $650/mo in Whittier and had no desire to cough up $200 more for the same size apartment. If I'm paying over $800/mo for a 1BR, it damn well better have in-unit laundry, and a bigger bedroom than that.

Simply put, you can do better than Creamette Lofts, for what they're charging, unless you are dead set on living in the North Loop area. I'm guessing their "affordable" calculation is based on nearby area rents, which is why it's so unaffordable.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 PM

7,711 posts, read 4,380,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stpontiac View Post
I don't know the site but I've seen this same scenario on other websites. It becomes a complaint department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul