Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:03 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,235,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
NO!! OMG, do you seriously promote cutting in line? If everybody cheated the backup would be WORSE and it would be in all 3-4 lanes! Besides, cutting is wrong, morally. If you know there is only one lane to be in to exit the freeway, and you purposely drive out of that lane and sneak in later, you are cutting in line. To me, it's no different than if you're waiting in line at McDonalds and there are two registers and a long single line forming behind them, and you decide to start your own line at one of the registers. I can't stand people like that!
State troopers are sometimes posted at exit in the morning to stop the very last minute cut over people because they often come to stop and completely block the 94W exit that would otherwise be clear. Many still pass 1/2 - 3/4 of the line and force their way in though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,095,669 times
I would always do the Dunwoody Exit, either when it comes up or via the frontage road that another poster mentioned, depending on how far the backup was...

Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,878,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
State troopers are sometimes posted at exit in the morning to stop the very last minute cut over people because they often come to stop and completely block the 94W exit that would otherwise be clear. Many still pass 1/2 - 3/4 of the line and force their way in though.
Sometimes it's an honest mistake too, but you can tell when it's not.

I think it's great there's a trooper there, actually! Finally, they do something useful! JK.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
NO!! OMG, do you seriously promote cutting in line? If everybody cheated the backup would be WORSE and it would be in all 3-4 lanes! Besides, cutting is wrong, morally. If you know there is only one lane to be in to exit the freeway, and you purposely drive out of that lane and sneak in later, you are cutting in line. To me, it's no different than if you're waiting in line at McDonalds and there are two registers and a long single line forming behind them, and you decide to start your own line at one of the registers. I can't stand people like that!
Yeah but if no one would use the exit lane then there would be no one being cut off and no feelings to get hurt.

And why would someone queue up in one line at a McDonalds, snaking all over the lobby when there are clearly two registers open? That sounds more like Bizzaro World McDonalds to me.

Last edited by Ghengis; 04-16-2012 at 10:39 AM..

Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
This exit is really backed up today. Not sure what's happening... I kind of zipped past the sign.... but I think there's work going on east of the Lowry Tunnel. Time to try these short cuts!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,878,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Yean but if no one would use the exit lane then there would be no one being cut off and no feelings to get hurt.

And why would someone queue up in one line at a McDonalds, snaking all over the lobby when there are clearly two registers open? That sounds more like Bizzaro World McDonalds to me.
There's a line at my office at Caribou that is single-file that waits for up to 4 registers to take orders. It's usually a situational thing, but sometimes it's just the way the line forms for whatever reason.

Back to your logic....if you cut purposely, you're cheating. Sorry, there's really no other way you can spin it.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:21 PM

989 posts, read 2,961,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
This exit is really backed up today. Not sure what's happening... I kind of zipped past the sign.... but I think there's work going on east of the Lowry Tunnel. Time to try these short cuts!
The tunnel was going to close this weekend, but it is moved to next weekend (4/21). Not sure exactly when it will close.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Quote:
Suicide attempt off the bridge I think...something in the Trib online about it

Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,674,861 times
Quote:
This exit is really backed up today. Not sure what's happening...
Must have been this: Truckers recruited on spot to defuse suicide attempt over I-94 in Mpls. | StarTribune.com

Would have been an even bigger mess if the guy had jumped.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 18,716 times
When I drive Interstate 394 eastbound, I move to the left lane at Highway 100. I've learned to always assume that the traffic onto eastbound Interstate 94 is backed up. If that turns out to not be true (and my destination is east of downtown Minneapolis), I can move to the right lane later on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul