Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 10,382 times

Advertisements

Sorry to rant, but this has really irriatated me. I was on the 50 bus today, and it was letting, people on and off at anderson hall. There was a guy in a wheel chair that needed the lift to get off the bus,so the driver said outloud to people to wait, someone is getting, these two colleges guys ignored the driver and got on anyways. I felt that was so rude to the driver and the guy that needed the lift.

Other things that irritate me are when people sit on the outside seat of seat row, so other people cannot sit down, If the bus is fairly empty fine, but many times I have encountered people do this when the bus is full- to packed so others cannot sit down.

maybe its just passive aggressive behavior but I find it so rude.

I have seen people cut in front of people with disabilities to get on the elevators at my college as well ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,027,779 times
Sometimes people are rude on the bus. Such is life.

I've found that people who tend to sit on the outside when it's busy are a bit anti-social. But I've seen plenty of people tell them to move over, and they do...reluctantly.

I can't make a judgment about the college students without knowing the full situation, but there are plenty of times that people have headphones in and don't hear, or aren't paying attention, or whatever. It's not the smartest thing in the world, but sometimes harm isn't intended.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:49 AM

2,330 posts, read 3,811,724 times
As long as there is no ranting crazy person, or some 50 year old guy trying to pick up a teenage girl I don't care what happens. All other bus sins are tolerable.

I once had someone put their hand in my coat pocket. That was creepy. It was on the 16 at one in the morning in Frogtown, we were the only two people on the bus.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:05 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,424,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
As long as there is no ranting crazy person, or some 50 year old guy trying to pick up a teenage girl I don't care what happens. All other bus sins are tolerable.

I once had someone put their hand in my coat pocket. That was creepy. It was on the 16 at one in the morning in Frogtown, we were the only two people on the bus.
That's awesome. I kinda want to try that.

I always view bus-riding as kind of a little sociologic adventure. All type of folks on there, and its usually fun to people-watch and try to guess people's stories.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,877,648 times
It happens EVERYWHERE! Only in NYC are they actually fining people for poor mass transit manners, like sitting on the outside of seats, loudness, crassness, etc.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,877,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stpontiac View Post
That's awesome. I kinda want to try that.

I always view bus-riding as kind of a little sociologic adventure. All type of folks on there, and its usually fun to people-watch and try to guess people's stories.
Their stories? They are probably going to work or home....the end. I find the people pretty boring and at times annoying, but far from interesting. SOMETIMES a real whacko will hop on and that'll keep you either interested or scared for the duration of your trip -- entertaining, nonetheless!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:26 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
When I visited Toronto, I was amazed at the cooperation of people. Absolutely NO ONE got on the buses I rode and THEN dug around to see if they had the fare to ride. Result was that those buses loaded much faster than in the Twin Cities. It always amazes me to see people who were standing at the bus stop and never thought to dig out the money, transfer, or whatever they are using. How idle were their brains?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:34 AM

989 posts, read 2,961,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
When I visited Toronto, I was amazed at the cooperation of people. Absolutely NO ONE got on the buses I rode and THEN dug around to see if they had the fare to ride. Result was that those buses loaded much faster than in the Twin Cities. It always amazes me to see people who were standing at the bus stop and never thought to dig out the money, transfer, or whatever they are using. How idle were their brains?
That is annoying. Even worse is the limited stop bus where you pay on the way out. Never fails that some idiot been sitting on the bus for 15 minutes, yet never thought to get his pass/coins and fumbles around for 30 seconds holding up the entire bus because of diminished capacity of some sort.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:25 PM

319 posts, read 528,870 times
And please people, exit out of the back of the bus, if people are getting on in front! (the disabled, parents with strollers, etc. aside, of course)

Old 04-13-2012, 11:58 PM

275 posts, read 332,173 times
I had the worst experience on the city bus when I was 14, and I will never use one again! It was my first time, I stayed after school. I had never been on one. I had a 5 dollar bill (I didn't know it didn't give change back) the bus driver went off on me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul