Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 AM

3 posts, read 3,699 times

Advertisements

A group of us will be coming up from the Milwaukee area in April for the Supercross race at the Metrodome. We plan on going out to the bars after as well as needing a hotel in the area. I am looking for suggestions for hotels and bars. Below are what we are looking for in each.

Bars: Multiple bars near each other so if we want to leave one we can just walk next door to the next. We would prefer the club type atmosphere. Cover charge is not a problem. Would like places with either live music or a dj.

Hotels: We are looking for something either near the metrodome or the bars. I am thinking near the bars would make more sense. We are looking for something low budget. When we went to supercross in Indianapolis we found an extended stay type place. it was like an apartment with two bedrooms and only $125 a night. Obviously this may not be possible to find but would be ideal. amenities are not very important as we will be arriving at the room after bar close and waking up and heading home.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 11:24 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,096,186 times
Your criteria actually make things pretty easy. You will want to be in the bars along Hennepin and 1st, between probably about 8th and 3rd. Within that area, you have Barfly, Sneaky Pete's, Aqua, Envy, and Epic. Whiskey Park, Hell's Kitchen and Pourhouse and everything in the North Loop (Club Jager) within walking distance. All of those would be club/dancy atmospheres; some with live music, some with DJs.

Some of that neighborhood is the Warehouse District, some of it is the theater district. The Warehouse District's website is here:

Warehouse District Business Association - Minneapolis, Minnesota

The North Loop, which has a few bars like that, too, is nearby:

NorthLoop Neighborhood

You could venture down to the Mill District (approximately Washington between 3rd and 11th Avenues) if you felt so compelled, but that will be more relaxed, sit-down.

Ultimately, if you are going out in Minneapolis, you need this website:

Minneapolis Happy Hour, Bar, & Restaurant Specials and Events, Minneapolis Happy Hour Food & Drink Guide

You'll be able to search the entire metro area by neighborhood, day, hour and atmosphere for happy hours that way-- it's basically a local yelp or chowhound, but more user-friendly.

As far as hotels go, Graves will put you right in the middle of the action, but I don't know if it fits your price range or not. There are a number of hotels downtown, but they tend to be upscale or convention: The Hilton, Ivy, W Foshay, Hyatt, Residence at the Depot, Aloft, Hotel Minneapolis, and the Marquette. There is also a Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, and Best Western, that presumably are cheaper. I don't know much about hotel rooms downtown, since I never have to use them. I would just do a google search for hotels in downtown Minneapolis and check the sites. Again, Graves will be the closest to the bars you'll want to go to. But, it will be April and downtown Minneapolis is relatively compact compared to other cities; you should be able to walk to the Warehouse District, if need be...

Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,096,186 times
TwinCitiesNightClubs.com - Nightclubs - Minneapolis/St.Paul Nightclubs

Also, try that. You can search for just downtown, if you wish, then google the addresses.

I don't know if Envy is still open....they were having some trouble with the city. There are several around Hennepin and 1st that I forgot to mention, though.....or that I've never been to (a few have opened since I moved out of town).

Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM

Awesome thanks. Now that I know where the bars are I can start looking for hotels.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,395 times
FYI, Comfort Suites was sold recently, and will be closed for much needed remodeling. (And it probably won't be a Comfort Suites when it's done.

Oh, and another FYI... The Holiday Inn Metrodome is apparently called the "Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome" now. (So there are now two hotels in the downtown area called "Hotel Minneapolis.")

Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM

So i found the double tree suites 11th and Lasalle. It has a two full size bed and a pull out couch for the possible 6 going and its only $125 a night. Its a few block walk but should not be to bad. thanks everyone for the help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul