U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,303 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are graduating from law school here in Michigan and we were fortunate to both land jobs at different law firms located in downtown Minneapolis, which start following the bar examination this July. As such, we are taking the Minnesota bar exam and need to move to the city in about a month following grad. We would like to live in a loft that is downtown and that has an urban vibe. We are willing to pay up to $2,500/per month. I have conducted a lot of research and found many different places, however it is difficult for me to get unbiased information on such places as I do not live in the city (yet) and typically have to deal directly with realtors or apartment building staff. Thus, I am wondering if anyone on this forum has lived at or knows anything about the following places:

Skyscape Luxury Apartments
Mill District City Apartments
Eitel Tower City Apartments
Tower Lofts
Herschel Lofts

Thanks in advance for your help!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 01:06 PM

5,530 posts, read 11,198,278 times
Skyscape caters to a younger, more middle-income crowd than what it sounds like you two might be. With up to $2500/mo, the others may make more sense for your budget, but it really depnds on what amenities you prefer (e.g. height/view, proximity to retail/food, proximity to work, proximiy to transit, etc.).

Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,144,068 times
Skyscape is a major high-rise (25 or so stories) and could offer great views. But, it's neighborhood is a bit under-developed, though it's about 6 blocks to restaurants and Target on Nicollet Mall.

Mill District has a great location IMO, as it's next to the St. Anthony Falls and Stone Arch Bridge and Guthrie Theater and all the river trails for biking, walking and jogging.

Eitel is very similar to MillDistrict (same developer), and is along Loring Park, which offers a more historic neighborhood feel, with church spires and older apt buildings nearby. Its an easy walk to Nicollet Malldown the Loring Greenway.

Tower and Hershel are North Loop, which tends to skew younger (I think). These would be a longer walk to the downtown core, but are close to the river and Target Field. The neighborhood is still developing (there are three new apartment developments under construction right now) and the number of restaurantsandshops in the area are bound to continue to increase. The new Whole Foods will be at Washington & Hennepin, but that's notgoing to open until 15-18 months from now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul