Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 AM

464 posts, read 803,039 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find a good way to research monthly fees/dues for homeowner associations, and am coming up short. I'm mainly interested in condos and townhomes, but information on single-family homes could be useful too. But other than looking up the information on real estate listing websites and the MLS, I don't know of an easy way to do this.

Basically, I'm trying to compare different associations and what their fees are. I know there can be a lot of variation based on what's covered, amenities, etc. and am keeping that in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:33 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,424,134 times
I'd be surprised if there is an easy way to do this. When I was on a HoA board (in a different state), there wasn't really anywhere we had to report our dues or what they covered. Not really any government oversight or anything that would have had a repository.

Although, you could start with the local realtors association. They might keep a database based on places their members have helped sell/buy. Or they might be able to point you toward some surveys on the topic.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 AM

464 posts, read 803,039 times
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, in regards to there being no central repository of information. I've toyed with the idea of creating one myself, just as a public service to people.

I'm not looking to buy a property right now; I'm mainly looking for the averages for various types of developments in case I were to ever sell my condo and to keep my HOA accountable.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:13 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,290,510 times
There are very few single family home developments in MN that HOA which is why you probably can't find information on those. Townhomes/condos have to have an HOA by law. Usually the fees are listed with the house listing online, but not always. Our son is looking to buy a townhome and fees have generally been between $150-200/month depending on what all they cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul