Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamon_toast View Post
Flying in and out of MSP is outrageous.
I love being able to fly in and out of MSP. It may be a tad pricey--though I'm not convinced it's all that much more than other cities-- but we have direct flights to almost every major airport in the world, and to me, the convinience and time savings that offers is worth the extra cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:00 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Odd, must be a slow route. We're about as far as you can get (Seattle) and almost all the flights are $759 which isn't much more for 3 times the distance.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:03 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
We are going to Orlando over MEA this year and tickets on both Sun Country and Delta for their non-stop flights are just about $700, per ticket. This to me is absolutely insane!

Now I have to take a flight that has 1 or 2 stops just to get my ticket down near $400 per person. Absolutely disgusting.
The reason the price is so high is that you are traveling over MEA weekend when everyone else is trying to fly. If you leave Oct 18, return Oct 21 non-stop on Delta, the round trip price per ticket right now is $807. If you travel a week later, leaving Oct 25 and returning Oct 29, the price is $375.

I realize that traveling the next week is not an option, since you want to travel over MEA, but surely you can understand that when so many more families want to travel at the same time, the price is going to go up. After all, the demand is increasing and it's not like the airlines can put extra planes out of thin air, so the supply is constant. Therefore, prices increase. This also means that prices will not come down as you approach your travel dates. There will be thousands of people watching these flights online for a last minute opportunity to go, so any tiny decrease in price will result in an uptick in demand, holding prices steady.

This is unfortunate, but it's one more advantage to sending your kids to a private school.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:16 PM
HKB

221 posts, read 802,875 times
My wife and I used Delta to fly to Philadelphia last summer to visit relatives. The cost was $275 each RT. We were interested in going out there again this summer. About a month ago, Delta was charging $460 per ticket for flights in June, which I thought was completely absurd. Last week I checked again to see if the price had come down, and the same flight is now over $700! We're talking Philadelphia here... not Honolulu.

Who buys tickets at these prices??? I doubt even businesses would pay this much, let alone leisure travelers.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:25 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,044,268 times
Businesses will pay that much. I had to buy a one way to go to ATL from TUS on short notice and they were $800. I just paid it because I'd have lost a lot more money if I hadn't gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul