U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,206 times

Advertisements

I am looking for any and all people who may have seen, known, were friends with, or listened to the music of the Style Monkeez.

They were a band from the early to mid 90's out of Minneapolis. Please contact me or leave a post and I can contact you.

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,112 times
I saw many times in the early/mid 90's. I still have the Proud Man demo.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,160 times
Saw them a couple times while I attended UW-Stout back in the early 90's. I seem to remember they always had a little statue on stage with them, but don't remember exactly what it was. Also, they rolled themselves across stage on a dolly while masturbating after a show once. I believe they got in big trouble, but man was it hilarious! Great band....crazy group of dudes. Go Monkeez!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 10:32 PM

2 posts, read 6,160 times
p.s. I don't think they were out of Mpls.. Believe they were from Antigo, WI.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,807 times
I was the guitar player for the Style Monkeez. We were from Minneapolis, not Antigo. The name of one our Cd's was Schmelt Fry in Antigo, but that is our only connection to that city.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,295 times
Default Style Monkeez !!

I don't remember if it was summer of '92 or summer of '93. I saw The Style Monkeez live at the 7th Street Entry. I bought the cd and the t-shirt. I still have both and cherish them very much !! I LOVE THE CD and still bust it out. Question... What was the song "Jordan" about? I remember a town named Jordan in Minnesota and I suspect it's about the small town and it's funky sterility!! [url=http://www.tunecore.com/music/donnyx]Donny X | TuneCore[/url]

Old 04-19-2016, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,436 times
My name is Jackel. I was a homeless kid in Uptown and worked at the Uptown Davanni's with a couple of those guys. Went to a lot of shows, had the greatest time on stage off stage and backstage. Miss those days.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:09 PM

210 posts, read 278,726 times
This is a step back in time! I remember the Style Monkeez well - I was pretty good friends with Brent Alwin, the bass player. He passed away unexpectedly four years ago this month. These guys were a lot of fun - I often wonder where Greg and the rest of the guys are now. And yes, they were definitely out of Minneapolis - went to many parties at that small little Mpls house with the jam sessions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul