Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,232,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
the left hand lane drivers wouldn't have to force their way in if the dummies in the right lane could grasp onto a concept that the rest of the country can seemingly do without any problem. same thing with round-a-bouts up here...duh, what am I s'pose to do now!!!???
It looked like many of the right lane drivers were trying to open up spots for 1 car between them... then multiple from the left would force their way into every spot that opened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 01:48 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
Minnesota nice. I always gripe that though I love Minnesota I can emphatically not stand the driving and the roads there. People are too nice when driving almost and it slows things down. Not too mention the roads have ginormous pot holes. I hope that when we move there our commute is very short!!

Old 10-08-2013, 05:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
It looked like many of the right lane drivers were trying to open up spots for 1 car between them... then multiple from the left would force their way into every spot that opened.
well in that case I disapprove

Old 10-09-2013, 01:42 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,182,497 times
Why would a left-lane driver want to be in the right lane, other than to exit? I can't stand when the right lane is so chock full of cars tailing eachother that it makes exiting almost impossible.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:16 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Why would a left-lane driver want to be in the right lane, other than to exit? I can't stand when the right lane is so chock full of cars tailing eachother that it makes exiting almost impossible.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:15 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Why would a left-lane driver want to be in the right lane, other than to exit? I can't stand when the right lane is so chock full of cars tailing each other that it makes exiting almost impossible.
Agreed. But if you don't tailgate inside of 1.5 car lengths, some a-hole slides right in between you. Now you back off again and the next one jumps in. They are not necessarily looking to exit but rather to swerve in and out to save that 30 seconds off of their commute. This tailgating culture would never happen here in 1990. Our healthy economy has brought in other more aggressive driving cultures.

For the record, it seems everyone thinks their state drivers suck until they leave the state. People seem to now tailgate everywhere.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:55 AM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
I don't care where I am they can swerve in and out of me because reality is I generally end up either right next to or in front of them on off ramp. Not to mention it's not worth cutting it too close and getting in an accident. Minneapolis drivers aggressive?!!! Try coming to phoenix. I can not count the times I've almost died from erratic drivers and I grew up learning to drive in MN icy road conditions. It's all perspective.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:32 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
I don't care where I am they can swerve in and out of me
Well you should. Remember the laws of physics. At 65 MPH, you travel 95.3 feet in one single second. The average car length is 16 feet. So 2 car lengths == 32 feet. Meaning, you have 1/3 of a second to perfectly react at 65 MPH if you give someone 2 car lengths and they stop quickly. People get p_ssed calling you "slow" if you don't allow even a second (or 95 feet) in between cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Minneapolis drivers aggressive?!!! Try coming to phoenix. I can not count the times I've almost died from erratic drivers and I grew up learning to drive in MN icy road conditions. It's all perspective.
You are preaching to the choir! I have a home in Phoenix too. They drive much more aggressively. But talk to the locals. They will tell you that there are too many slow drivers. IF you don't ride someones ars, then they will ride yours trying to get you to go faster. Obvously they never bothered doing the math above^^.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:26 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
If everyone would just chill out and leave a couple of car lengths following distance life on the roads would be much easier. Uptight drivers are the root of all traffic jams. Human paranoia and selfishness. I can hardly wait for autodrive cars. Take the idiotic human element out of driving.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If everyone would just chill out and leave a couple of car lengths following distance life on the roads would be much easier. Uptight drivers are the root of all traffic jams. Human paranoia and selfishness. I can hardly wait for autodrive cars. Take the idiotic human element out of driving.
will autodrive cars still have the ability to give other autodrive cars the finger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul