Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:07 PM

20 posts, read 40,814 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the heads up on how to access the test scores. I think we are getting more excited about Mac-Groveland and are continuing to research other areas. Is Merriam Park the area directly above Mac-Groveland on the map?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM

Where is Summit-U? Is Como the area around the zoo, kind of off Snelling?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 AM

391 posts, read 660,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyoffour!! View Post
Summit-University is the area bordered by University Ave (north), Summit Ave (south), Lexington Ave (west) and Marion St./Kellogg Blvd./St. Paul Cathedral (east).

Como is bordered mostly by Snelling Ave. (west), Larpenteur Ave. (north), Dale St. (east). The area south of the park and lake zigzags quite a bit. East of Lexington it wraps around South Como, which is considered a separate area.

Merriam Park is immediately north of Mac-Groveland.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Is Merriam Park the area directly above Mac-Groveland on the map?
Yes! Very nice area.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
The Como area I'm talking about is due West of Lake Como & Como Park. Basically between Como Park & Snelling Ave, but there are also some great homes just North, East or South of the lake (Don't look more than 6 blocks or so to the East or South).

Summit-U is all over the map (figuratively) in terms of nice vs not-so-nice. Much of it is rough (University Ave & I-94 areas), but there's also the Grand Ave, Summit Ave, Selby/Dale & Cathedral Hill areas which are all very nice.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM

Awesome- thanks for the info. We are traveling to MN for X-mas and are planning on checking out all of these areas at different times of day/evening to see what we like best. Keep all of this great info coming!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 PM

I am doing a little more research into the Merriam Park area. I see it is a pretty large area, stretching north of I-94 all the way down to Grand Ave. Are there higher-crime areas or clusters in this neighborhood I should be aware of? We will be in MN in 3 weeks and are pretty excited to check out different neighborhoods!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
My sister-in-law lives there. Its a pretty nice neighborhood. Maybe a step down from Mac-Groveland. Mississippi Blvd right there for recreation.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 AM

391 posts, read 660,021 times
Quote:
I am doing a little more research into the Merriam Park area. I see it is a pretty large area, stretching north of I-94 all the way down to Grand Ave. Are there higher-crime areas or clusters in this neighborhood I should be aware of? We will be in MN in 3 weeks and are pretty excited to check out different neighborhoods!
The area between 94 and University probably has the most crime. It's largely commercial, with pockets of residential.

Parts of Merriam Park East and Lexington-Hamline are a bit more modest, with more commercial areas and maybe a bit higher crime.

South to Summit Ave (Grand Ave. is actually in Mac-Groveland) and west toward the river gets more expensive, including the northwest corner by the country club.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM

Thanks- more information to feed into our search. We are still leaning toward Mac-Grove, but do like the areas around Como, St Anthony and Merriam Park. The architecture of some of the houses in Merriam Park is gorgeous. I can't imagine how high the heating bill must be for some of those homes. It is sure fun to look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul