Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:11 PM

751 posts, read 1,169,795 times

Advertisements

I was riding the light rail this morning and I noticed some really new condo developments popping up along the light rail line. One was by the Hiawatha station and although I thought it was neat, but it is so odd to have a bunch of condos nestled between a bunch of factories. Another one that caught my attention is just by the Bloomington Central station, it called Reflections, which is really neat, but it looks nothing like a residential building. I was wondering if this will be the new housing trend for the future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 10:03 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,536,769 times
It won't grow as fast as they anticipated, IMO. It certainly won't grow as fast as it could have with a better market, but it goes through good neighborhoods, the older factories can give the area a neat atmosphere, there are more auto-orientated retailers around 46 - 54th Sts. I imagine that those will eventually go. In twenty years the area will be pretty nice. My one complaint is that it will grow like a old streetcar street (Nicollet, Hennepin) because besides Lake, it never makes a central "downtown" area like Uptown or Northeast. You go a block off Hiawatha and it becomes a neighborhood of bungalows. It will be best if the HiLake area becomes more centralized and pedestrian orientated. Lastly, I will be disheartened if the rest of the new construction is built like the Olin Crossings, I get sick of the nostalgic brick buildings, they look funny in comparison to the area, and they are generally boring anyways. Thats my two cents
---Minnehahapolitan

Old 10-17-2007, 10:02 AM

2 posts, read 6,460 times
Default Corridor Flats- Condo development at Hiawatha and Light rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I was riding the light rail this morning and I noticed some really new condo developments popping up along the light rail line. One was by the Hiawatha station and although I thought it was neat, but it is so odd to have a bunch of condos nestled between a bunch of factories. Another one that caught my attention is just by the Bloomington Central station, it called Reflections, which is really neat, but it looks nothing like a residential building. I was wondering if this will be the new housing trend for the future
Hi Lukeache!

We actually have the condo development you referred to at Hiawatha and the light rail listed. It is a really neat building that offers price ranges from 148K up to 250K. There really are some great projects that are popping up all over in that area. It is without a doubt helping bring new life to the area. We would love to show you what our development is like! I think you may be shocked at the value for your money!

Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 AM

6,615 posts, read 16,510,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lallen View Post
Hi Lukeache!

We actually have the condo development you referred to at Hiawatha and the light rail listed. It is a really neat building that offers price ranges from 148K up to 250K. There really are some great projects that are popping up all over in that area. It is without a doubt helping bring new life to the area. We would love to show you what our development is like! I think you may be shocked at the value for your money!
Then there's the "luxury" development at 46th & 46th. For the past 2 years, it's been nothing but a hole in the ground surrounded by a chain link fence covered by a tattered banner. What an eyesore! It looks worse than the eyesore it replaced, an ancient gas station that was being used by a tree removal service. The City should declare eminent domain and turn it into a little park or something.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:37 PM

8 posts, read 69,646 times
Only invest in a condo if it is the lifestyle you want and you intend on staying there for at least a few years. And negotiate with the builders!! Housing market everywhere is soft but especially for condos!!

Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM

191 posts, read 379,098 times
Saw another condo building going up at Hiawatha and 36th street.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM

573 posts, read 1,045,894 times
Urbanmsp.com has all this information. And the condo market is not soft at all. There are numerous condos going up from uptown to downtown.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:33 PM

152 posts, read 289,538 times
The buildings you're seeing going up are all rental buildings. There is one project that just broke ground in the Mill District that will be owner occupied condos. But that's it.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,446,276 times
I take trains and buses at 46th Street Station. The LRT runs about 20 hours a day. I'm wondering how the noise of trains going by is going to sit with occupants. I'd say maybe every 5 minutes of 20 hours a day. On the plus side, they have about a 30 second walk to get a cheap ride to Mall of America or downtown.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 AM

290 posts, read 545,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
I take trains and buses at 46th Street Station. The LRT runs about 20 hours a day. I'm wondering how the noise of trains going by is going to sit with occupants. I'd say maybe every 5 minutes of 20 hours a day. On the plus side, they have about a 30 second walk to get a cheap ride to Mall of America or downtown.
That is a good question because so many days in MN are perfect for opening up windows. You'd hate to have to keep your windows closed and AC on all spring, summer, and fall.

I haven't spent enough time alongside the LRT to figure out how often the LRT horns and bells and if I could get used to them or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul