Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:41 PM

1 posts, read 6,787 times

Advertisements

I just moved to twin cities from Madison, Wi and very dissapointed so far... I can`t find a good grocery store - I hate Cub foods and never went there in Madison, because it`s expensive, more expensive than Woodmans or Copps (local WI stores) also at Cub I couldn`t even find half of what I normally used to buy, I don`t get it - the store is huge, but it`s full of crap... plastic fruits and tasteless vegitables....brrrr ((
Whole foods, Rainbows, Kowaslki`s - those are even more expensive.
Aldi - I was surprised, but for example eggs and some other things are more expensive than Cub, that is not even funny.

So may be somebody knows if there is any grocery store, may be somewhere in suburbs, even northwestern Wisconsin is fine.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:11 AM

987 posts, read 3,818,370 times
Would be nice if we had a Woodman's here eh?

Or a Meijer even.

Our grocery options are lacking, and monopolized, somewhat. The produce at Woodman's is so cheap. We literally pay twice the price here.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,340 times
I agree! When I first moved to Minnesota, I was shocked by how expensive groceries were here. When I lived in Houston, I used to go to HEB or Albertson's, food was dirt cheap. In New Mexico, Albertson's was also dirt cheap. In Arizona, they had regular stores similar to Cub, but some really cheap stores like Food City or the "Hispanic" supermarkets. Everytime I go to Chicago, I always stop at Meijer, it would be nice to have one here too. We desperately need a low cost grocery store here, but it seems to be a near-monopoly here in Minnesota

Old 10-21-2007, 08:48 AM

18 posts, read 117,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx1982 View Post
I just moved to twin cities from Madison, Wi and very dissapointed so far... I can`t find a good grocery store - I hate Cub foods and never went there in Madison, because it`s expensive, more expensive than Woodmans or Copps (local WI stores) also at Cub I couldn`t even find half of what I normally used to buy, I don`t get it - the store is huge, but it`s full of crap... plastic fruits and tasteless vegitables....brrrr ((
Whole foods, Rainbows, Kowaslki`s - those are even more expensive.
Aldi - I was surprised, but for example eggs and some other things are more expensive than Cub, that is not even funny.

So may be somebody knows if there is any grocery store, may be somewhere in suburbs, even northwestern Wisconsin is fine.
Copps and Rainbow are both a part of the same company - Roundys.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:02 AM

12 posts, read 31,786 times
I found the cheapest groceries are at SUPERTARGET. Way cheaper than rainbow or cub. I wont shop anywhere else.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:01 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,827 times
Yeah, Super Target is good and Super Walmart has the cheapest. I would strongly recommend not buying produce or meat at Super Walmart. We've had many bad experiences at a few of them. We usually shop at Super Target, Super Walmart and Cub as we've learned what's cheapest at each place and where the produce and meat are better (suited to our preferences). Kowalski's and Byerly's are nice and spendy...and IMO just a place to be seen shopping at by your neighbors and friends. So you can say, "Oh I got this at Byerly's."

Old 10-21-2007, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 18,508 times
Go to Lunds or Byerlys great food and service.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 PM

5 posts, read 16,253 times
i agree with homermn-bylers may be a bit more expensive but all the food there is quality. That is the only place that I get my groceries at. Cub is way closer than that but there is something about Cub that is so dirty all the time. I don't know, I just like Bylerly's/Lunds

Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 PM

113 posts, read 549,864 times
I go to super target for the stuff in boxes and I go to Byerlys/Lunds for quality meats and fruits/veges. SuperTarget was recently rated one of the least expensive stores.

Cub used to be cheap (when I was a kid) but now it is expensive and just plain makes me crabby to shop there.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM

44 posts, read 235,058 times
Default You are what you eat...

If you eat Walmart groceries you will end up with a Walmart body.

Just something to think about....

(if you are lucky, you will avoid a fatal case of e-coli poisoning)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul