Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 AM

4 posts, read 5,496 times

Advertisements

What places surrounding St. Paul or in the metro in general have a good selection/variety of beer?
And more importantly do you guys know any where you can "mix and match"? I went to one in the north metro and you could grab an empty 6 pack and load it up with different brands for a flat price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 AM
l12

160 posts, read 317,282 times
Geez, MPLS is a beer lover's dream city, it's hard for me to find a restaurant that does NOT have a great selection of beer or a liquor store that does NOT do mix n match. Maybe this is an MPLS-centric perspective and things are much worse over in the East Metro. Come over to MPLS and you can't go wrong.

My local North Loop Wine & Spirits on Washington ave. near Target Field has mix n match and great rotating, chilled selection of beer.
A few blocks over in the Churchill building the liquor store there has good deals, not sure about mix n match.
Surdyk's has a big selection but pricey, a lot is not chilled, and maybe they don't do mix n match.
Zipp's liquor on East Lake is pretty good for beer, they have some great deals and huge selection though not much chilled.

Also, Trader Joe's does mix n match, every beer can be bought individually, and the selection is not bad, and they have one in St Paul & Woodbury, but nothing is chilled.

Also Big Top Liquor off 94 at Snelling in Midway has some great beer deals and huge selection, I think they have mix n match..

Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,424,641 times
I had no idea you could mix and match at these places...I need to check that out.

I love trying different beers, but I don't drink often or more than one when I do, so I don't always need a full pack of one thing. I will have to try that out sometime.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 AM

391 posts, read 659,949 times
The Four Firkins in St. Louis Park is all local, national and european craft, and they have a singles wall.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:00 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
I think there are better beer Meccas, but I'd think I had a serious problem if the Twin Cities couldn't satisfy my need for variety of brews. Personally, I think there could be a level where "not enough variety" is a problem for the person who wants it. People are very enthusiastic in this place about brewed beverages.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 AM

701 posts, read 1,708,978 times
Four Firkins is great. South Lyndale Liqours (at 53rd/Lyndale) has a great selection as well.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Four Firkins does indeed have a lot of interesting beers, but their prices are very high compared to other places for the same beers.

Cellars is my place for good craft beer, although their prices have increased too.

The Cellars - Good Taste Should Cost Less

Another place I've discovered recently that has a very good selection of craft beer is Heritage Liquor in Maplewood.

http://www.heritageliquoronline.com/

Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 PM

6 posts, read 8,431 times
I don't know about the mix and match thing, but I you like beer you need to go to Blarneys or the Town hall brewery!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM
l12

160 posts, read 317,282 times
Town Hall is great, mostly their own beers but a wide selection and most are very good and some very unique (the fruit-infused IPA is usually interesting). Cool place with good affordable food too.

Last night I went to New Bohemia Wurst and BierHaus in NE, they have a very large selection of beers and beer flight tasting options. Also, very good sausages. (not for taking home though, Surdyk's is across the street for that).

Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Wonder who competes for the largest selection for onsale beer. Merlins on Lake Street has quite a large selection. They do lean toward foreign brands from UK because of their theme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul