Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 5,909 times

Advertisements

I got a speeding ticket in August 2012 and it's now February 2013. It's still not in the system. I called after a few weeks and they couldn't find it in the system either. I was going 74 in a 55. I was actually going a few over but the officer told me he was going to lower it otherwise it would be a felony? I didn't realize I was going that fast and felt really bad. I know I have a heavy foot... I apologized and told him I didn't realize my speed. He was really nice about it. I apologized more than once. I was sincere and did feel bad. I was right by the airport and should have been paying closer attention. I had my mind on other things. What does this mean??? I don't want a warrant going out for my arrest. Did he just tuck it away in his pocket because I was so apologetic? I'm afraid to call again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 05:44 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,232,976 times
You can search for it by citation number, name and date of birth, drivers license number, or license plate number here...

http://4thwebpay.courts.state.mn.us/...neInquiry.aspx

...and pay there if it is in the system.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM

I have searched under every available option multiple times on the website and it's not in the system under any of the options.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
So maybe the cop forgot to put it in the computer? Don't think these things put themselves in. Seems to me if there was a warrant out, that would be easy to find.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM

Guess I'll keep watching for it to get into the system... I mean what happens if one day a year from now it's finally entered into the system? It's already been 6 months!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 PM

432 posts, read 1,227,946 times
I think there would have to be a time limit on when a ticket can be issued after the speeding offense occurs as you have the right to object and have your case go to in front of the court. People would not even remember driving down that road 6 months later if they got a ticket. You have checked the various sources and your not in the system. So sleep peacefully, you got away with it.

I got a speeding ticket once and went to court and got it overturned. The cop was standing right in front of a increased speed limit sign and stated that the actual speed limit for that part of the road was lower then the one he was standing in front of. I asked him where that sign was and he said just before the bridge.

I got the ticket issued, turned the car around and went back to the spot where the sign was and tree branches completely covered the sign so you could not see the sign when traveling in a car. I took photos of that sign and area and I also took photos of the cop standing in front of the increased speed limit sign as I felt he was deceiving the public.

The judge let me off and even stated that should not have happened. I went down that same road a few months later and the tree was cut down in front of the speed sign, I saw the same cop also holding his radar gun but this time he was much further up the road and not standing right in front of the increased speed limit sign!

It worked for me going to court!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
you could try to get another ticket issued by continually driving 74 through 55 zones and they would eventually catch you and issue you the ticket that you are being denied now.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
You are positive it's an actual ticket and not a written warning? I would call back and explain what is going on and see what they suggest. It should be in the system by now, obviously.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:04 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghengis View Post
you could try to get another ticket issued by continually driving 74 through 55 zones and they would eventually catch you and issue you the ticket that you are being denied now.
+∞

Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
Minnesota Traffic Tickets - MN DVS Traffic Violation Guide at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple
Instant Minnesota Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record. Each record may include suspensions, points, classifications, vital data, endorsements, expiration and driving status.

Go to their site and fill in the blanks.

OR

Why doesn't my ticket show up when I inquire?

This may happen for a number of reasons. Please review these possibilites and follow the advice that corresponds to what you think is the likliest of them.
  • It may be that the ticket is not yet entered in the database. It can take up to 10 business days. Wait a few days and try again.
  • Your ticket may have been issued in another jurisdiction. Follow this link for information on Courts Outside of Ramsey County.
  • You may have entered incorrect information. Double-check the information and try again.
  • If you are under 18, the charge may be handled in Juvenile Court. Call the Juvenile Court office at (651) 266-5115 for more information.
  • The charge may be entered differently into our database. The most reliable search criteria are citation number and driver's license number.
  • If any of the charges on the ticket require a court appearance, or if you chose to appear, the case will be in a database not accessible by our online or telephone pay systems. Call (651)266-9202 for instructions.
If you cannot locate the ticket using the advice above within 2 weeks of the violation, call (651)266-9202 for assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul