Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM

28 posts, read 45,329 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I've posted here before about moving into the area, and the time is upon us! This time next week, we will be settling in and unpacking in the Lakeville/Rosemount area! We got very lucky in finding somewhere that seems to be the perfect fit for us, and my family is very excited to start this chapter in our lives!

With that being said, I am looking for recommendations on various services and needs. We would prefer these providers to be within the Lakeville/Apple Valley/Rosemount area, but if there is someone exceptional that you know of, and "worth the drive", we are willing to go farther!

Here's my list:

1. Pediatric Dentist- We have been lucky with having awesome pediatric dentists wherever we have been, so we are looking for another! Preferably somewhere very welcoming to children and very friendly dentists and assistants. If there is a family dentist that all of us could go to, that would be ideal!

2. Chiropractor- My husband and I would like to be seen weekly if our new insurance covers it, so we are going to start our search now. We don't like to go to Chiropractors that twist and crack, but use other methods like Atlas or manipulation and pressure. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, because this is crucial for me!

3. Mechanic- Ugh, a category I don't even want to address, but it will be important. My husband is fairly handy, but there are things he can't do alone, and we will need new tires within the year on one of our vehicles. As most everyone else, we are looking for someone fair, and who does the work. We can't leave our car sitting for a week, and we have had our share of being ripped off, so we try to be super cautious about who we take our vehicles to!

4. Family doctors/ pediatricians- I know this will largely depend on whether or not our insurance is accepted- we will initially have Tricare and then I believe Blue Shield- but I am looking for some exceptional doctors. We would prefer someone who is into alternative methods, and doesn't just prescribe you medication every time you go in. I have unique issues, as does my son, so it is important for us to find a doctor that will truly listen and try to come to a real solution with us.

5. Church- We come from a new-age non-denominational church, and we'd love to find that in Minnesota! I think we relate closely to Charismatics if we had to pick a denomination. We are looking for a contemporary service- worship groups singing current songs, strong fellowship groups, and most of all, an awesome nursery for our little one. He is big on consistency, and if he isn't comfortable, it will be a struggle for us to attend.

6.Preschool- The biggest aspect we are looking for in a Preschool is that it is not a daycare, but actually facilitates learning. I've been researching preschools a little bit, but my little guy is finally getting potty trained, so now the idea of him going is becoming more concrete. We would probably prefer a Montessori style school, or something similar, but not as costly. In addition, I have seen a school where I would go with him one day a week and he would go by himself the other day or days- that would be ideal since this will be his first time in this kind of setting.

Again, thank you so much in advance to anyone that can offer advice! Being new to an area is difficult, and I am used to having a built-in military community anywhere we go, where suggestions are easily gathered! I can't wait until I can give advice and not have to ask for it- thanks for all of your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
1. Pediatric Dentist--there is a pediatric dentist in Rosemount. Dr. Dan Glenn was the main dentist, he just sold his practice to a woman, Wagner I think is her last name. We used Dr. Glenn when our kids were younger and he is amazing. His main practice is in Inver Grove Heights. We use Dr. Chrost for our family dentist and I can't say enough about him and how wonderful he is as well as his staff. His office is on Chippendale. The pediatric dentist office is just around the corner from his office.

2. Can't help with Chriropractor

3. Medi-Car in Rosemount. Debi, the owner, is fantastic and we have gotten wonderful service at a fair price from them. They have a loaner car to use as well which is really nice! The BP station in downtown Rosemount is also good but no loaners.

4. We have had very good care from the Dr.'s at Fairview in Rosemount. My D and I use Dr. Fiscus, the boys use Jacob Wessen, who is a PA. Not sure about pediatricians as our kids are out of that stage. It's really hard to find a doctor in MN that does not take at least BC/BS so you should be ok there.

5. Lighthouse Church in Rosemount has a very active congregation. Kids from all the various churches tend to participate in many of their activities.

6. Preschool--look into the Early Childhood Family Education program. They are wonderful programs. I think the district has a school sponsored preschool as do many of the churches in the area...again, kids are past that so not sure about those.

Welcome!!

Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 AM

28 posts, read 45,329 times
Thanks for the info!! I'll definitely be writing these down and looking into them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul