Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 04:49 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Do they have wife carrying events where you are in Texas?
in Afghanistan, they play a version of polo in which the husbands are hog-tied and the horseman display their considerable skills by dragging the husband across the goal line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 06:17 PM

335 posts, read 406,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Minnesota View Post
Yeah...those we the good ones, but...now I'm a couple hours away from Austin and SXSW. There's simply no comparison.
your couple hours flight too from msp

Old 04-01-2015, 06:53 PM

171 posts, read 195,614 times
Hates Minnesota, but LOVES attention.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:39 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,194,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Minnesota View Post
Not really, but that attitude is exactly what I mean when I say that the prevailing attitude of Minnesotans is inherently closed mindedness.
So, if anyone disagrees with you or tells you you're out of line, it's a state of 5.5 million peoples' fault, and not yours, right? I mean for somebody to spew this much venom over something as trivial as where one lives/lived tells us a lot more about you than it does "us" (MN'ans).

I live in Ohio right now. I've lived here for five years in Columbus prior to moving back to OH, to Cleveland this time -- having been here almost another 4 years now. Let's just say, OH is not my favorite place. The people can be very cold and nasty at times, the weather is dreary (and that's relative to what I know, which is mainly MN), and the economy/progression here feels lacking. Yet even though it's not personally my cup of tea, I have (almost) nothing but good things to say about the place, especially to people who are proud to live here. The only time I mention anything bad is when provoked.

It's fine not to like a place, and I'm very certain that MN can be a hard place for some people to live in, but keep it mostly to yourself, since there are still people who live in MN that really love it and are proud to be there.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Good lord. No wonder you hate Minnesota. Only the most boring people on planet Earth participate in that garbage. If I thought those were the only music festivals in the Twin Cities, I'd probably leave this community for good, too.

How about Rock the Garden? Basilica Block Party? Sound Set? You know, quality music?
93X is awesome! IDK about their concert though.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:08 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
something as trivial as where one lives/lived tells us a lot more about you than it does "us" (MN'ans).
I don't think where you live is trivial at all, life is too short to live in area that doesn't inspire you - at least a little.

Some places people pull out all the stops to "Get To", other places people just "End Up".

More and more Minneapolis is becoming a "Get To" place, despite the tough winters.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:19 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,092,704 times
Quote:
93X is awesome!
Are you a Gen Xer with Asperger's?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
I don't think where you live is trivial at all, life is too short to live in area that doesn't inspire you - at least a little.

Some places people pull out all the stops to "Get To", other places people just "End Up".

More and more Minneapolis is becoming a "Get To" place, despite the tough winters.
I wouldn't judge a person by where they lived though. And if they didn't like where they lived they would probably move on and find a happier place and forget all about the place they didn't like (I know I would), and forego the parting shots.

Minneapolis has always been and continues to be a place to "end up". It's supposedly one of the best cities for that.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Are you a Gen Xer with Asperger's?
I'm somewhere between Gen Y and Millennial. I just like rock and I love their morning show. I'm not sure I've met a person yet who doesn't like their "Half-assed Morning Show". It's the only station in MSP that doesn't play just anything with an electric guitar (i.e. Nickleback). My only wish is if there was a Classic Rock station that had a similar M.O. (KQ92 doesn't always deliver).

Old 04-03-2015, 10:01 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,092,704 times
Quote:
It's the only station in MSP that doesn't play just anything with an electric guitar (i.e. Nickleback).
Oh dear god no. No no no. How long have you been gone, Min-Chi-Cbus?

The Current (our public radio indie/alternative/eclectic station) has been on the air for 10 years and is the radio outlet for the local Twin Cities music scene, and there a few more non-public indie/alternative/eclectic stations as well like GO 96.3 and Alt 93.3.

93X plays nothing but lame 90s rock. It's a station for stoners in their 40s. The kind who still wear shirts with flames on them and drive rusty '94 Chevy Cavaliers without hubcaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul