Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-12-2014, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis
416 posts, read 560,571 times
Reputation: 686

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
Is it snobby to say that I think most Minneapolis residents don't spend much time thinking about or visiting Cleveland? Just as I assume that most Cleveland residents don't spend much time thinking about Minneapolis. Let's face the facts: neither city is up there on the list of global greats. And hey, that can be a good thing: if everyone wanted to live in Minneapolis or Cleveland then those of us who love these cities would be paying a whole lot more for the privilege of living here. There are benefits that come with being under-appreciated.
Yeah, if s/he believes Cleveland is superior then more power to them, frankly. Cleveland is the new Portland, spread the word everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2014, 12:07 AM
 
Location: Cleveland
3,415 posts, read 5,134,013 times
Reputation: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
Sorry dude but I've got friends from Cleveland in Los Angeles and Minneapolis and...no, you guys ain't all that or anywhere near it. Housing IS cheaper there though so you got that going for you...
Sorry "dude" but having friends from Cleveland doesn't mean you know anything about the city. We have things here that Minneapolis can only dream of having. Cleveland has class that Minneapolis will never be able to replicate. Yes, Minneapolis has the better economy, blah blah blah. Cleveland is a city built with a magnificence that only those who truly know her understand. Take a look at the Old Arcade, do a google search. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Cleveland may be shrouded with layers of grit and fog, but underneath it lies a golden city, a city that had ambitions and dreams that could rival New York City. Those dreams were crushed by the great depression, but their mark on the city remains, shrouded with the mystery of a bygone era, but ostensibly connected to the heart and the will of the city itself. People who know only what they see on TV or read about in magazines like Forbes find it easy to dismiss Cleveland as a run down dump. What these ignorant people miss, like those who only see a person's scars, wrinkles and blemishes, but not their heart or their soul, is the blood that truly runs in the veins of every Clevelander, the heart that beats for the city with the big, mighty, splendid soul whose fortunes were crossed in another era. And as the city rises, and as it makes the top lists in the magazines, what they'll continue to miss is how we are rebuilding around the same soul that they mocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 01:24 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
23,766 posts, read 29,086,638 times
Reputation: 37337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Sorry "dude" but having friends from Cleveland doesn't mean you know anything about the city. We have things here that Minneapolis can only dream of having. Cleveland has class that Minneapolis will never be able to replicate. Yes, Minneapolis has the better economy, blah blah blah. Cleveland is a city built with a magnificence that only those who truly know her understand. Take a look at the Old Arcade, do a google search. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Cleveland may be shrouded with layers of grit and fog, but underneath it lies a golden city, a city that had ambitions and dreams that could rival New York City. Those dreams were crushed by the great depression, but their mark on the city remains, shrouded with the mystery of a bygone era, but ostensibly connected to the heart and the will of the city itself. People who know only what they see on TV or read about in magazines like Forbes find it easy to dismiss Cleveland as a run down dump. What these ignorant people miss, like those who only see a person's scars, wrinkles and blemishes, but not their heart or their soul, is the blood that truly runs in the veins of every Clevelander, the heart that beats for the city with the big, mighty, splendid soul whose fortunes were crossed in another era. And as the city rises, and as it makes the top lists in the magazines, what they'll continue to miss is how we are rebuilding around the same soul that they mocked.
your rambling drunk posts are among the funniest, try not to limit these to the middle of the night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities
5,831 posts, read 7,719,682 times
Reputation: 8867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Sorry "dude" but having friends from Cleveland doesn't mean you know anything about the city. We have things here that Minneapolis can only dream of having. Cleveland has class that Minneapolis will never be able to replicate. Yes, Minneapolis has the better economy, blah blah blah. Cleveland is a city built with a magnificence that only those who truly know her understand. Take a look at the Old Arcade, do a google search. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Cleveland may be shrouded with layers of grit and fog, but underneath it lies a golden city, a city that had ambitions and dreams that could rival New York City. Those dreams were crushed by the great depression, but their mark on the city remains, shrouded with the mystery of a bygone era, but ostensibly connected to the heart and the will of the city itself. People who know only what they see on TV or read about in magazines like Forbes find it easy to dismiss Cleveland as a run down dump. What these ignorant people miss, like those who only see a person's scars, wrinkles and blemishes, but not their heart or their soul, is the blood that truly runs in the veins of every Clevelander, the heart that beats for the city with the big, mighty, splendid soul whose fortunes were crossed in another era.
I'm sure this tripe passed as brilliant in your sophomore creative writing class but grandiloquent does not equate to brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
And as the city rises, and as it makes the top lists in the magazines, what they'll continue to miss is how we are rebuilding around the same soul that they mocked.
I thought your position was that magazine lists were bunk. When did you change your mind? I guess trolls really don't have a position on issues. Whatever's on hand to rile the other posters will do, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Cleveland
3,415 posts, read 5,134,013 times
Reputation: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post

I thought your position was that magazine lists were bunk. When did you change your mind? I guess trolls really don't have a position on issues. Whatever's on hand to rile the other posters will do, I suppose.
Apparently you didn't understand the point of my post. I was saying that even when they rate us well they only look at the city superficially. In other words they are bunk whether they rate us well or poorly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Twin Cities
5,831 posts, read 7,719,682 times
Reputation: 8867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Apparently you didn't understand the point of my post. I was saying that even when they rate us well they only look at the city superficially. In other words they are bunk whether they rate us well or poorly.
That may be what you meant but that's not what you wrote. You need to make an effort to write more clearly. This isn't the first post where you meant one thing and wrote another. Perhaps you become distracted by having to come up with all that flowery language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 01:01 PM
 
871 posts, read 1,089,736 times
Reputation: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Sorry "dude" but having friends from Cleveland doesn't mean you know anything about the city. We have things here that Minneapolis can only dream of having.... And as the city rises, and as it makes the top lists in the magazines, what they'll continue to miss is how we are rebuilding around the same soul that they mocked.
Troll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Cleveland
3,415 posts, read 5,134,013 times
Reputation: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedosius View Post
Troll
Seriously, is that all you know how to say? Are you like Groot from guardians of the galaxy, except instead of saying "I am Groot", you say "troll"? I'm pretty sure calling someone a troll is a violation of the TOS, I'm surprised you haven't received a violation yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Twin Cities
5,831 posts, read 7,719,682 times
Reputation: 8867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Seriously, is that all you know how to say? Are you like Groot from guardians of the galaxy, except instead of saying "I am Groot", you say "troll"? I'm pretty sure calling someone a troll is a violation of the TOS, I'm surprised you haven't received a violation yet.
I don't think it is and I also think you just troll these threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 02:30 PM
 
1,349 posts, read 1,710,691 times
Reputation: 2391
Why do you engage him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top