U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,641 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm a student at the U, and I left my car with family a few hours out of town, because of the high cost in the city. However, looking around, I found a spot that seems like it would be okay.

[link]http://www.minneapolisparking.com/lot-2050/[/link]

Assuming the information is accurate, $30 per month isn't that bad considering I'd no longer need a bus pass or to buy train tickets when visiting family. And looking at the crime maps, it seems like a decently safe area, so long as I take normal precautions. And since I have to pay insurance on it anyways, even though I'm not driving it currently...

So, here are my questions:
1)Is the site accurate, and am I reading it correctly? $30/month unlimited access parking
2) Is that just some random temporary price or something, considering everywhere else is double that?
3)Is it going to be safe there? Obviously, I'm not going to leave valuables in it, but I don't want to park it for three weeks and come back to find that it's been broken into and/or been smashed. I'd probably use it about every 2-3 weeks at least, so it wouldn't be in the same spot for months at a time, but...

Last edited by golfgal; 10-17-2013 at 06:53 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 11:39 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,358,603 times
I assume you mean the lot listed at 6th Street and 12th Avenue...

It's a good deal if you absolutely can't make other arrangements, but it's not exactly a convenient location from the U, even the west bank.
Where do you live anyhow?

Old 10-20-2013, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,641 times
Middlebrook Hall. It's a bit out of the way, but it's under a half hour walk according to Google, so honestly it's not that inconvenient. I hail from Montana, so I'm aware of what the winters are like. And yes, that is what I meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul