U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 11:18 AM

29 posts, read 76,584 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to Eden Prairie and realized that the garbage removal is not included as part of city services. We tried calling 5-6 companies, but all are closed on weekends (when we actually get some time) and these companies dont post their rates on their website either.

We are a single couple and have very little household waste. We need the smallest sized can, however we like to garden and have raked leaves, so would require those services.

Please advice which company to go with (i.e. lowest rates)?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 12:31 PM

wow, the Minneapolis forum is dead.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:58 PM

5,101 posts, read 5,220,401 times
I pay a total of $18 a month for Allied Waste for a 90 gallon can and no yard waste.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:12 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,753,472 times
I don't know about Eden Prairie, but in when I moved in to my new place in St. Paul about a year ago Pete's Rubbish Hauling was the best deal. I pay $52 every 3 months for a small can (no yard waste.) They also give new customers some sort of freebie for signing up. They operate out of Forest Lake and I think they are a family business if I'm not mistaken. You might want to check out whether they service your area.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 PM

413 posts, read 710,268 times
Try Garbage Man. They're cheap, and they never charge us extra if I have a bunch of extra crap on the curb next to the regular trash can. They're also a family owned business. Stay away from ACE - I hated them.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:58 AM

20,793 posts, read 58,819,251 times
We've used Waste Management, Troje's and Allied. They are all about the same price once you get past their "introductory" offers. I actually preferred Waste Management mainly because they called you if there was a change in your pick up date because of a holiday. We had yard waste pick up with all of them, weekly or whenever you set out your box. I think WM had weekly recycling pick up and the other two have every 2 weeks. The yard waste pick up is very handy. We have so many trees and a lot of landscape in our yard so we have a lot of weeds, branches, leaves, etc. that needs to get picked up. We fill up a large container pretty much every week spring-fall.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:38 PM

Thanks all for the good tips. Called today and compared services:

Allied Waste was 53/quarter with 2-yr contract, but their fee structure was highly confusing with lots of them stacked in, like drop off fee (15 each, so for trash/recycling/yard-waste, that alone would be 45)

Waste Mgmt: 77/quarter and again lots of fees stacked. We like their green colored dumpster, but what the heck ... they seemed totally un-reasonable in pricing.

Suburban Waste: We dont like their grey appearing dumpsters, however they seemed very simple in fee structure. 63/quarter, and plus 84/season for yard. No drop-off fees, no taxes, surcharges, or contracts etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul