Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:35 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,140,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
When a corporation decides to engage in political discourse any backlash they receive is fair game. Chick fil-a endorses hate mongering values that are outside of Minnesota's mainstream. I hope they fail.
They have been rocking down here in Apple Valley. Place is packed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 12:39 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,797,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post
Which views offend you if I may ask out of curiosity?
Their CEO's views are rather well known and are easily searchable. I'm not going to list them all and get off topic. The larger point was I don't have any problem with them opening a store where ever they may choose to do so...it doesn't bother me since I have no intention of spending any of my money there.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershey4u2014 View Post
Some cities like Chicago for instance have tried to block efforts opening chik fil a. As the president of chik fil a is against gay marriage and has donated money( around 20 million) to anti groups as well as Uganda's kill the gays bill. Minneapolis Is a progressive cities overall and we don't need businesses like this building here. I was reading some reviews on yelp and there are some anti gay bigots that enjoy their food and will go there. However as a progressive city they should not be building franchises here.
How "tolerant" you liberals are.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:53 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How "tolerant" you liberals are.
things a little slow on the P&C thread today chicken-hawk?

Old 11-29-2013, 04:36 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
We have a newly opened Jihad Pizza Guys franchise here in town and while I deplore their political and social views in general, I'm able to separate their terrorist activities from their ability to make a scrumptous hand-tossed pizza. Their Hawaiian and Canadian bacon pizza with a side of cheese and garlic breadsticks are to die for!
Jihad Pizza Guy's over promise. On my last order, they said I was guaranteed 20 virgin's upon my death.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:49 PM

1,704 posts, read 3,443,294 times
I have no interest in tolerating people who would see me imprisoned and even killed for the sake of their own ignorant comfort, and just as little interest in tolerating people who would make a joke out of such an attitude. "Business" and "opinion" have jack **** to do with it. I don't care if their chicken is made of literal gold, Chick-fil-A is repulsive and represents all the purest forms of violence, hatred, and oppression, and patronizing them is sadistic and unacceptable in every case. It is ***** silencing and ***** marginalization no matter how you slice it. Tell yourself as much as you want that your chicken sandwich has nothing to with ***** teenagers all over the world being brutally killed by their peers, but no evidence, nothing factual is ever going to back you up. You are reveling in your own privilege, repeatedly reaffirming the sick notion that nothing is wrong just because it doesn't directly affect you, bolstering the life support system of the forces that socialize every single person on earth into deeply-ingrained homophobia, misogyny, and transphobia. There is literally no sound way to justify giving Chick-fil-A business.

Get over yourselves, there are real problems in the world.

edit: turns out "q u e e r" is blocked on this site, fyi who ever is in charge of that, that's not an offensive term, it's a totally accepted and acceptable way to refer to the LGBT+ community without worrying about the alphabet soup of all those letters

Old 11-29-2013, 05:02 PM

701 posts, read 1,709,199 times
How about Lululemon? I don't think many people support making fun of people who have difficulty pronouncing "L", or supporting child labor--but people shop there and happily pay more than the quality would suggest just to have this hip label on their yoga wear.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershey4u2014 View Post
Some cities like Chicago for instance have tried to block efforts opening chik fil a. As the president of chik fil a is against gay marriage and has donated money( around 20 million) to anti groups as well as Uganda's kill the gays bill. Minneapolis Is a progressive cities overall and we don't need businesses like this building here. I was reading some reviews on yelp and there are some anti gay bigots that enjoy their food and will go there. However as a progressive city they should not be building franchises here.
Considering it is food they sell, I would think you should be more interested in the product they sell. Michelle Obama ought to love them because they sell healthy food.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
I seem to remember a lot of Jesus Lovers upset with JC Penney when they had Ellen as their spokesperson. And I think I remember a few months back a lot of Christians were boycotting the Girl scouts,

Here is an interesting link. List of Companies Christians Boycott Grows - "Haters of God" | USA NEWS FIRST

Old 11-29-2013, 05:20 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Considering it is food they sell, I would think you should be more interested in the product they sell. Michelle Obama ought to love them because they sell healthy food.
Most of what they sell is not that healthy, or at least what I always order. I used to get their spicy chicken sandwich with coleslaw. Sometimes I would get the waffle fries. I quit going about 3 years back, so maybe they added more healthy options. I think they did have grilled chicken when I used to go there, but never really saw that many folks ordering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul