Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 12:36 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Snow and bone chilling temperatures are a huge negative that we shouldn't ignore or shouldn't attack people who criticize us for it.

However i will say the extreme heat in the summers are probably more "dangerous" than any of the natural disasters that happen in Los Angeles.
I don't think anyone is "attacking" those who are fed-up with the cold and the snow. It's that they're exasperated by it. It's EXHAUSTING to hear people constantly complain about the cold and the snow in Minnesota.
  • What did they expect?
  • What good does whining do? It's not like people can vote to change it.
  • If you don't like it, that's understandable. Just move. It's like going to a friend's house and constantly complaining how you hate it.

I lived in California and I hated a lot of things about it. So, I saved-up and I moved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 02:22 AM

36 posts, read 44,311 times
after 13 years in LA were are ready NOW to pack up and move back to MN. When you have kids it changes everything and we miss it! We miss rain!!! Seasons changing! It has been over 100 degrees for weeks and weeks. I am afraid of winter but I think it will be worth it. LA is only getting worse and worse each year I've been here, more expensive, more crazy traffic, etc. We have family back home and I never thought I'd say it but we are seriously considering it. Beautiful homes with full yards are like less than half the price. I just miss it.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:19 AM

416 posts, read 560,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caLa310 View Post
after 13 years in LA were are ready NOW to pack up and move back to MN. When you have kids it changes everything and we miss it! We miss rain!!! Seasons changing! It has been over 100 degrees for weeks and weeks. I am afraid of winter but I think it will be worth it. LA is only getting worse and worse each year I've been here, more expensive, more crazy traffic, etc. We have family back home and I never thought I'd say it but we are seriously considering it. Beautiful homes with full yards are like less than half the price. I just miss it.
There you go. You'll be glad you came back. I lived in LA for so long that I am still adjusting to how NICE people are in MN. Part of me is like 'are you ****ing with me?' Am I on Candid Camera? That's how much LA dehumanizes a person - you become suspicious of genuinely sincere strangers.

I think MN house prices are more like a 1/3 of the equivalent cost in LA (where houses start at $400k). Unless you go way out of the city like Santa Clarita.

And the traffic. Los Angeles traffic is...indescribable. All that can be said is that it is consistently ranked as the worst in the country and top 5 IN THE WORLD.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:03 PM

36 posts, read 44,311 times
I know so this morning my neighbor emailed me (I'm in SCV in a very nice expensive development) and one block over there was an armed home invasion. It's in the local paper but they will probably try to not report it widely to keep people deluded into thinking Santa Clarita hasn't totally changed (which it has...)

It's changing so much -- for the WORSE.

We are basically done!

MN -- here we come! We have family back home too.

And totally -- what you say is soooo true, you're like wait, what are you trying to pull? I'm genuinely a "nice" person & I've become so crazy cynical after living here!

(This should be a new thread -- Why I'm glad I am moving back to MN!)

Old 09-12-2014, 04:56 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silogram View Post
Minneapolis is a great place to live, but I just couldn't take the cold anymore, so after 32 years, I left and now I live where it never snows (LA), which is all I've ever wanted.

Take a look at this pic. It was taken today during the MN blizzard and posted on the Star/trib website. It is what it's like in winter in Minnesota. It's such a MN pic. I know what this feels like exactly.
That picture looks like a dream come true for me. And I'm not being sarcastic about it. All of that snow would make me happy.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:57 PM

One reason to consider Minnesota: One of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:16 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,322,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyh516 View Post
My husband and I talk about moving somewhere warmer, every winter. We just haven't found that "perfect" place yet!

City-data is a good forum for that research. I wouldn't rely on it exclusively, though.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caLa310 View Post
I know so this morning my neighbor emailed me (I'm in SCV in a very nice expensive development) and one block over there was an armed home invasion. It's in the local paper but they will probably try to not report it widely to keep people deluded into thinking Santa Clarita hasn't totally changed (which it has...)

It's changing so much -- for the WORSE.

We are basically done!

MN -- here we come! We have family back home too.

And totally -- what you say is soooo true, you're like wait, what are you trying to pull? I'm genuinely a "nice" person & I've become so crazy cynical after living here!

(This should be a new thread -- Why I'm glad I am moving back to MN!)
What is going on in Santa Clarita?

Old 09-14-2014, 07:34 PM

416 posts, read 560,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What is going on in Santa Clarita?
I've heard there's a serious meth problem in the area.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
I've heard there's a serious meth problem in the area.
I've never heard of meth being in Silicon Valley. Maybe in Oakland or Central Valley, but never Silicon Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul