Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:29 PM

878 posts, read 1,207,549 times

Advertisements

Looking for suggestions for great Indian, Mexican, Greek, Chinese restaurants etc plus we'd love to find an authentic Jewish deli, a diner and/or a burger joint.. we don't care about ambience (plus we'll usually have our three kids in tow!) , just looking for GREAT food for a decent price.. a hole in the wall is fine. it might even be preferable! We'll be staying in Bloomington for the summer, but likely will end up living in one of the southwestern suburbs... but we're willing to travel for great food.

Oh, and any good buffet restaurants around? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 06:38 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Mediterranean Cruise Cafe

98 Pounds Buffet says it's in Minneapolis but it's really in Bloomington...it's a better lunch place

https://www.facebook.com/GiuseppePas...51851201530436 Italian

Welcome to Old Country Buffet, the Best Buffet in America | Oldcountrybuffet.com "good" maybe not but the kids will probably like it

Fuddruckers®, World's Greatest Hamburgers® another fun kid place--burger place

Old 04-08-2014, 06:46 PM

Awesome, thank you!

Old 04-08-2014, 07:00 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
This is a terrible town for Jewish delis. Another one just bit the dust a week or two ago. I haven't been to these places, but here's an annotated list of some of the remaining options: Rye oh Rye: Did we let our Jewish deli die? | TC Jewfolk

Since you're in the Twin Cities, I'd suggest giving something African a shot; Somali is obviously our biggest ethnic group and I haven't checked out the good Somali options yet, but Blue Nile is Ethiopian and is a local classic. Haven't been there with a kid in tow yet, but it seems pretty kid-friendly.

For Indian, we really like Namaste in Uptown. It's not the cheapest option out there, but it is nice.

This wasn't on your list, but if you want a fun local hole-in-the-wall pizza place with what I think of as classic Minnesotan pizza, Fireside Pizza in Richfield (so not too far from Bloomington) is great, both for adults and for kids.

Matt's Bar & Grill in Minneapolis (not too far from Bloomington) is THE place to go for the locally-famous "Juicy Lucy." As a vegetarian I don't know how it stacks up, but it is one of those local institutions that you should check out.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:14 PM

Lions Tap Home hole in the wall burger place but great for kids and good burgers...very reasonable too

not food but just thought of it--for the little kids...

Teddy Bear Park Photos - City of Stillwater*

They are doing boat in movies in Stillwater this summer too--but will have viewing from the park too.

Jake's City Grille - Simply Casual. Simply Comfortable. Simply Jake's. they have a good Sunday buffet

Suzie's Kitchen good "MN food" type place

You have a host of restaurants at the MOA to try too. There is a Rainforest Cafe there..kids will like it, overpriced for ok food but the kids will like it.

Fireside Bar and Restaurant in Rosemount Minnesota MN Perfect place for your family--restaurant/bar attached to an Ice Rink--probably a good place for your husband to make some contacts too

http://www.oldworld-pizza.com/ pizza buffet

Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 PM

Thanks, uptown_urbanist.. sad to hear about the lack of Jewish delis, but we'll be sure to check out the remaining options. I absolutely LOVE Ethiopian food, thanks for the suggestion.. I'm not at all familiar with Somali food, but we're up for anything-- and our kids are 6, 9, and 11 so they (mostly) behave in public.

My kids and husband will thank you for the pizza joint suggestion (I'm gluten free -- and not by choice-- so pizza is genuinely tortuous for me as it's my absolute favorite, LOL-- but I can usually find a salad to tide me over while I silently curse my inability to tolerate gluten). I just googled what a Juicy Lucy is and that definitely sounds up our alley, thanks!

Old 04-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Thanks again, golfgal-- so many great options, I may never cook again!

Old 04-08-2014, 07:31 PM

Domino's Gluten Free Menu

Old 04-08-2014, 07:41 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
Rye in uptown;
Bewiched
Brothers in skyway near CityCenter downtown minneapolis (closest I've found to a Jewish deli.

Mexican, Greek and a diner - good luck.
Ike's on 6th street has good burgers as does the Local on Nicollet.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
Dang - Rye closed. Bummer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul