Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,651 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of buying a home in Saint Paul. 55103 zip code. I have been online trying to compare garbage service prices, but I am seeing most do not have prices listed on their websites.
Can anyone recommend a provider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 08:20 PM

357 posts, read 443,937 times
We've been very pleased with the price and service of Garbageman:

GarbageMan | A Green Company - Home

Old 04-24-2014, 10:33 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,883,959 times
I use Pete's Rubbish Hauling and I am very happy with them. We have the smallest can, which is more than enough capacity for the two of us. With all taxes and surcharges, it comes out to $54 every 3 months. When I first signed on with them nearly 4 years ago I called all the providers in the area and they were tied with Highland Sanitation for the cheapest rates--plus they were offering 2 months free during your first year of service. I'm not sure how things have changed since then, though.

Oh, and they are a family business, which is cool. They sent our a Christmas card this year letting everyone know that the parents were retiring and passing the reigns to the next generation. Maybe I'm a big softie, but I like patronizing a business like that.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 PM

906 posts, read 1,766,669 times
We use Aspen. They are one of the operators that incinerate garbage which helps produce electricity.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:40 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
We're with Waste Management. We paid $96 every three months for one very big garbage can during our first contract & they're offering lower renewal rates now that my contract is expiring. We routinely leave extra bags stacked on top or sitting along side the garbage can & I don't even bother to walk it down to the curb. I've also stuffed building materials from our home remodel, leaves/lawn waste in there & they've always taken it. I make sure to slip the driver a $20 every few months & basically get the VIP service.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:56 PM

413 posts, read 763,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh01 View Post
We've been very pleased with the price and service of Garbageman:

GarbageMan | A Green Company - Home
I don't live in St. Paul anymore, but we have Garbage Man, and I really like them. They're really good too if you have extra stuff to the side. I've thrown out some pretty crazy stuff, and they always pick it up and rarely add a charge for it.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:45 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
St. Paul's new "plan" went in to effect this month. The government doesn't give you any options on this anymore.

You pay what they say you pay, and that's that.

My quarterly bill is just over $100.

I haven't closed on my house yet, but I am second guessing deciding to live in St. Paul.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:22 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
From most people I heard garbage collection in Saint Paul prior to this was a total free-for-all mess, very disorganized with garbage trucks from various companies driving all over the place and service was uneven.

I’m sure there will be some growing pains but Saint Paul is going in the right direction. Minneapolis has had city-run waste collection ever since I’ve lived here and it’s a cost-effective and very efficient system. It runs like a well oiled machine.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:59 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
There was a lawsuit regarding it. He's going to appeal https://www.waste360.com/legal/st-pa...suit-dismissed

On "Nextdoor", people are not much too pleased about. Significant increases (forced) via this new system.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:20 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
There was a lawsuit regarding it. He's going to appeal https://www.waste360.com/legal/st-pa...suit-dismissed

On "Nextdoor", people are not much too pleased about. Significant increases (forced) via this new system.
There is always some opposition to change. Once Saint Paul works all the kinks out it will be business as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul