Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 06:24 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVegas View Post
You could buy a house off West 7th for well under your budget, but it would be an old home, and you mentioned the security of a complex if you travel. Personally, I'd love to live in the area of old homes around Irvine park off 7th and in Uppertown near High Bridge. I think there are some brownstone row houses there as well, not sure what the HOAs are like on those.
Drove through that area today, I liked it. Actually liked both sides of the High bridge river area.

Also went through Cathedral Hill area, very nice until you until Dale, then looks like 'affordable housing' was put up. I guess price increases the closer you get to Summit, from I-94. Not as many brownstones as I hoped. Most of the places seemed to be old victorians needing a good bit of work.

Drove up in the Capitol Heights area...what potential but full of older homes and appearance of much subsidized housing. Seems there is a lot of subsidized areas/programs in that area. Just north of University seemed to be south asian areas. I bet there are many cool restaurants.

This must be wedding weekend. Any park or big lawn on/near Summit to the Cathedral had lines on people in dresses and tuxes taking photos. Glad they got nice weather.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:01 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Drove through that area today, I liked it. Actually liked both sides of the High bridge river area.

Also went through Cathedral Hill area, very nice until you until Dale, then looks like 'affordable housing' was put up. I guess price increases the closer you get to Summit, from I-94. Not as many brownstones as I hoped. Most of the places seemed to be old victorians needing a good bit of work.

Drove up in the Capitol Heights area...what potential but full of older homes and appearance of much subsidized housing. Seems there is a lot of subsidized areas/programs in that area. Just north of University seemed to be south asian areas. I bet there are many cool restaurants.

This must be wedding weekend. Any park or big lawn on/near Summit to the Cathedral had lines on people in dresses and tuxes taking photos. Glad they got nice weather.
A lot of proms going on so that might have been it too. The Selby/Dale area used to be the armpit of St. Paul and yes, a lot of "affordable housing" went up to help bring back that area.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
A lot of proms going on so that might have been it too. The Selby/Dale area used to be the armpit of St. Paul and yes, a lot of "affordable housing" went up to help bring back that area.
That could have been it. Saturday afternoon lots of young folks in formals. Proms or weddings I wish them well. On a 70F day it was a selling point for the areas.

Saw a couple places on Marshall I liked. Near Cathedral is one vibe, near River is another. How are areas around the old Ford plant. Saw stuff near ther I likes that may be commutable.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVegas View Post
You could buy a house off West 7th for well under your budget, but it would be an old home, and you mentioned the security of a complex if you travel. Personally, I'd love to live in the area of old homes around Irvine park off 7th and in Uppertown near High Bridge. I think there are some brownstone row houses there as well, not sure what the HOAs are like on those.
Thinking about this.

Also still like Mounds Park/Daytons Bluff area for some reason. That may be the next 'place to be'.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:45 AM

391 posts, read 659,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Thinking about this.

Also still like Mounds Park/Daytons Bluff area for some reason. That may be the next 'place to be'.
Dayton's Bluff as a whole often gets a bad rap, but is up-and-coming. It was once a well-to-do area, and the area facing Mounds Park is especially nice with the views. One consideration is that much of it is a historic preservation district, so any renovations have to historically correct. I think its proximity to Lowertown is a plus as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul