Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 09:50 PM

109 posts, read 187,542 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any good, quiet but affordable restaurants in the inner metro? You know, no music playing and a non-yelling atmosphere. I'm finding them harder to locate and find louder environments irritating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 12:40 PM

6,388 posts, read 6,922,212 times
Mama's pizza on Rice St and Front (crappy neighborhood, but great food)

Old 05-10-2014, 01:36 PM

3,274 posts, read 2,976,685 times
The Good Earth at the Galleria in Edina usually just has classical music playing softly in the background. Naviya's Thai Brasserie in Linden Hills is small and quiet. Taste of India in St. Louis Park is pretty quiet too, but they might have some soft Indian music playing in the background.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:55 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,326,002 times
I'd just stay away from trendy restaurants and go to older, well-established places or ethnic restaurants. I remember going to Chino Latino about 10 years ago and I couldn't believe how loud it was. I've never been back.
Some places I liked were:
The Black Forest (German food with a nice outdoor Beer Garden at 26th & Nicollet)
Peninsula (Malaysian food, also at 26th & Nicollet)
It's Greek To Me (Lyn-Lake)
Emily's Lebanese Deli (in northeast)
Namaste 25th & Hennepin
Jewel of India (7 Corners)
Ping's (try the black bean chicken) 14th & Nicollet

Old 05-11-2014, 11:08 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,269,285 times
just went to Lucky's in Mendota on Sibley Memorial Hwy (Hwy 13) for the first time. ate on the patio. was great, and quiet.
WA Frost in St. Paul is often quiet, esp on the patio.
2nd the Black Forest, Mpls
Seasons in Woodbury or Wayzata
Muffaletta in St. Paul
Cafe Latte-upstairs or bakery area-St. Paul
Good Earth-Roseville

Old 05-11-2014, 07:54 PM

369 posts, read 630,181 times
Chino Latino is still loud. It's fun, but loud. We went to Flame at the Roseville Mall and they have a great all-you-can-eat buffet that's a really good deal! Restaurant atmosphere wasn't obnoxious either. Also recommend the Good Earth. Their food is really good. Haven't been out to eat very much since we moved here. We went to B.A.N.K. in Minneapolis once, it was really quiet and the food was good, but semi-expensive (depends on who you are, I suppose).

Old 05-12-2014, 08:54 AM

391 posts, read 656,431 times
I'm not into Chino Latino and their dance club vibe. We went once when we first moved here on a crowded night and hated it. We went back recently when there was hardly anyone and still hated it. They still had the music loud with only a handful of tables at 5 in the afternoon.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:49 AM

1,971 posts, read 3,027,826 times
Chino Latino has gross food and the ambience is about as cool as "Night at the Roxbury." It was the bellwether for Uptown's transformation from a unique "only in MN" neighborhood to a generic young urban douche neighborhood.

That said, I've found that it is hard to find a quiet restaurant. The Tavern on Grand and Caffe Latte are both pretty quiet.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:49 AM

442 posts, read 492,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Mama's pizza on Rice St and Front (crappy neighborhood, but great food)
LOVE Mama's...the pizza is amazing!

What about 5-8 Tavern in Maplewood?

Jethro's in Mahtomedi

Donatelli's in WBL

Coffee Cup in the North End in St. Paul

Tin Cups

Old 05-12-2014, 03:13 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,148,611 times
Tea Room restaurants are usually quiet. They are generally more popular with women (don't know if you are a woman or a guy). I have personally never been to these, but can't imagine they would be loud. Anyways, here are a few to consider.

Lady Elegant's Tea Room and Gift Shoppe, St. Paul Lady Elegant's Tea Room & Shoppe, An English Cottage Tea Room with a Victorian Touch

Antiquity Rose, Excelsior Welcome to Antiquity Rose!

Avalon Tearoom and Pastry Shoppe, White Bear Lake www.avalontearoom.com

Hopefully, at least one of them will be your cup of tea. Enjoy some quiet dining!

Last edited by chessgeek; 05-12-2014 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Added sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul