Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:48 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,076,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawhammerist View Post
I was delighted to discover this morning, after hearing rumors somewhere on this forum about it coming soon, that the Twin Cities are now viewable with the amazing Street View feature of Google Maps! Check it out by going to maps.google.com, clicking the "street view" box, and zooming in to look around. Very cool!!
Yes, that's really neat! I wish they'd do the same for Atlanta, now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 02:08 PM

195 posts, read 1,079,945 times
m504???? Why would they wish that it was like Detroit???

Old 12-14-2007, 05:54 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,634,052 times
I have used streetview and bird's view on http://maps.live.com/

They are great but where should someone who has never been to Minneapolis start to look?

Old 12-14-2007, 07:40 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,760,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M504 View Post
Enough of the North is there to see except for a couple blocks though even if its not on google go to www.local.live.com and see for yourself. The twin cities isnt on that hood **** at all.

Im just making a point that minneapolis averages 45 homcides a year around 12.0. That isnt **** thats basically average for a city over 250,000. they had 57 last year and thats the highest in a long time and the 99 in 96' is only around 20.0, what most bad cities average now not at there highest.

people from minnesotta have never seen a real hood or ghetto so they think some weak ass hood in the north of the city is like detroit. yall wish
Whats your point? Anyone who considers a real "hood" to be a desirable quality in a city is a moron. It doesnt earn you a rep, it just means you're either too poor or too stupid to leave.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:54 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,232,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
It all depends on what you're used to. I suspect there are very few "bad" areas in the Twin Cities from an Atlanta or Detroit native's perspective, for example.
Yeah, when I first moved to the Minneapolis from California the city felt very safe to me from my perspective. After ten years, though, I found that there are certain neighborhoods that I wouldn't feel comfortable walking through at night.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:51 PM

8 posts, read 33,066 times
Default Google Maps Street View

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawhammerist View Post
I was delighted to discover this morning, after hearing rumors somewhere on this forum about it coming soon, that the Twin Cities are now viewable with the amazing Street View feature of Google Maps! Check it out by going to maps.google.com, clicking the "street view" box, and zooming in to look around. Very cool!!
That is cool, I could see my house and even my car in front of it.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 AM

98 posts, read 480,836 times
The Icy River Vagabond...M504 is right. The people in Minneapolis don't know how good they got it until they have been to the neighborhoods of Detroit. I'm a Detroit native who have lived in Minneapolis and St.Paul so I have seen both areas and believe me the bad parts of the twin cities is like Disneyland when you compare that to Detroit's worst Hoods like 7mile, Brightmoore or Del Ray. Almost all of Detroit is in ruins and abandoned with crackheads and hookers roaming the area like Dawn of the Dead.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:39 AM

12 posts, read 48,658 times
Wow! The house I moved out 20 years ago is still unchanged! But when did all those skyways pop up? They are so ugly!! Tear 'em down

And yeah, I guess MPLS is very safe. Now I live in a Texas smalltown, and the number of murders and assaults and the size of the ghetto areas makes you think you're in a third world country compared to Minneapolis.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:40 PM

638 posts, read 3,123,148 times
Never mind. Post deleted because there is a difference between Google Maps and Google Earth!

I just had a temporary "DUHH" moment!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:45 PM

44 posts, read 186,062 times
Default whats with m504

m504 i dont give a damn about detroit. why are you so concerned with the twin cities. do you live in north minneapolis. do you know that most of minneapolis dosent have hardly any murders. and do you know of the 45 murders that 30 of them are in a small area in north minneapolis where they are over lapping each other. thats a bad neighborhood i dont care what you say. detroit im sher is bad all over and im sorry you have nothing else to talk about then that when it comes to your city. i do know minneapolis is making more money then detroit. i know that its sad for you to know that minneapolis has less then 400,000 people and we have a bigger downtown then detroit. and that we have better clubs downtown then detroit and we out do detroit in just about everything. i dont think that the majority of people that live here complaine about the crime rate. are you such a loser that all you do is go aroung this forum into differant cities and tell them how much worse detroit is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul