U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:57 PM

36 posts, read 36,531 times

Advertisements

Good luck, hope you like it! We are currently in CA and tired of it and are thinking of moving back to family friendly MN.

I just wanted to chime in as a native with my opinion: parts of St. Paul are really beautiful, especially around all the colleges. It's a nice vibe and different from MSP. Linden Hills in Minneapolis is nice and if no one told you the "Western Suburbs" like Minnetonka, Edina and Wayzata are considered tony and THE place to be (for example like the Upper East Side Manhattan -- I'm not saying they are that I'm just saying they're desirable like that) same goes for the "lakes" in MSP -- at least it used to be. I don't know if Lake of the Isles is still really nice and pricey but that's how it used to be.

I love Shoreview and White Bear Lake, it's quiet and definitely more country or small town feeling. Roseville is nearby with tons of shopping. WBL has lots of trees and pretty scenery.

I personally hate Eagan. There's some pretty ponds and walking trails but in general it feels very prairie and boring, like super super super boring and has very little charm. Parts of it are woodsy but it almost feels like a cow town. The southern suburbs used to have that "Farm"ington farm reputation but I think that's changing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or