Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 07:51 AM

137 posts, read 225,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
But, worst of all, absolutely unforgivable and inexcusable, was the use of CANNED TOMATOES. They weren't fresh diced tomatoes, they were CANNED! The online ordering system only called them "Diced Tomatoes." Never, in a million years would I have thought anybody would be so ridiculous as to use CANNED tomatoes on a pizza!
And I never thought somebody would think Domino's grows tomato plants behind the store so their pizza artisans can dice them up fresh for each $8 order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 08:43 AM

781 posts, read 2,628,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
It is bar none the worst pizza you can possibly buy. Even grade school frozen lunch pizza was better. Frozen.
I think Little Caesers is the most common, worst pizza available.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:04 AM

464 posts, read 803,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
$2.50 delivery fee? What's that for? It would be more honest to just raise the prices.
It's to cover the added cost of the delivery; you don't pay it if you pick it up yourself. That's why it's an add-on.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:59 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
Domino's is ok, but My expectations are lower than for a good local place. Domino's tends to be about half the price of a good local place, so I tend to grade it accordingly. My main reason for writing is to mention their gluten-free pizzas. My wife is gluten-free and she actually likes the Domino's version more than other places she's tried. That's why I tend to eat more dominos now than I used to.
That's got to be really difficult to live with. I couldn't imagine. I'm 100% sure that, if I had an intolerance to gluten, I'd be more than happy with Domino's. Just pass on the canned tomatoes! If Domino's hadn't used canned tomatoes, I would have never started this thread.

#1. They're mushy and gross tasting.

#2. As a foodie who loves to cook and experience all different kinds of foods, never have I seen anyone, in any country, put canned tomatoes on a pizza. Granted, it doesn't register on the scale of problems in the world. Not even close. But it's just not done. If you're making a homemade pizza and want to do it, that's one thing. But to SELL it, especially without disclosure, is wrong.

#3. I'm not only a foodie, but I've studied nutrition for 20 years. They're in the Top Three foods that people should never eat because of the cans themselves. Because of the acid in tomatoes, the cans must be lined with BPA (bisphenol-A), a synthetic estrogen. As if that's not bad enough, it gets worse. The acid in the tomatoes breaks down BPA and puts it into the tomatoes.

BPA canned foods have been conclusively linked to serious health problems, including:

• Heart disease
• Cancer
• Diabetes
• Reproductive and sexual problems
• Obesity
• Cognitive and developmental problems

Old 09-11-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftside View Post
If you want a decent greasy cheesy pizza with less bread from dominos, try this (with the coupon code of course.. L9999 has been used at my house for months)

use the coupon code. Select pizza type XL 16" Brooklyn style pizza (still costs 9.99 hah)

Choose white sauce, (cheese it up), add philly steak, chicken, feta cheese, onions.

Try this before you hate!

Also, if you are going for a veggie pizza like OP, you must do thin crust. I have gotten thin crust with nearly every veggie and it is good.
I'm glad you found one you like. I'd like to try it, actually, but I'm passed the point of giving them anymore business. I'd rather pay a little more and get Dulano's. Personally, the cheese is really important. That's why I love Dulano's. It's thick and stringy and chewy. It's not a puddle of mush like Dominos.

However, if Punch ever starts delivering, I'd forget any other pizza joints existed completely.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietBlue View Post
It's to cover the added cost of the delivery; you don't pay it if you pick it up yourself. That's why it's an add-on.
Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to explain. I do understand it's an add-on. I read on their site that it helps "cover costs," but they don't say what costs it covers. They don't show, prove or justify the added expense. "Covering costs" is a far too accepted generality by the public.

The money doesn't go to the driver, who pays for the gas and insurance on their own car. Granted, they're given a mileage allowance like they ALWAYS have been. That cost has already been absorbed into the price of the pizza. $2.50 per order? If a driver takes three pizzas out for delivery, why does Dominos need $7.50? They're making a profit on this fee, far above and beyond what they're paying out for any "added costs."

Forgive my skepticism, but I've worked in Corporate America long enough to know bogus fees when I see them. I also recognize bogus explanations pawned off on a public that are far too easily accepting of them. The public will complain for a month and then it will be forgotten. Get the public relations department to ready to go for that month.

For example, how much do you pay at your bank if you want to do a wire transfer? The absolute MINIMUM fee you'll be charged, and this figure is from seven years ago, is $37. The bank tells you it covers their cost to transfer the money. Hogwash. The bank doesn't even perform the wire transfer. The Federal Reserve does it. They send the transfer information to the Federal Reserve (free). That's it. The Federal Reserve then performs the transfer, and the bank's fee is 35 CENTS.

People are way too quick to accept the inclusion of additional fees. I'm not surprised though because everyone is used to being fee'd to death. How much of your own money could you (the general public) save if ONLY all the bogus fees were removed from every service you use, items you buy, food you eat, hotels you stay at, travel costs, etc.?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:30 PM

145 posts, read 324,655 times
Delivery drivers don't work for free. Even thought they collect tips Dominos has to pay them their base salary. Since I always go to pick up my pizza why should I have to subsidize the cost of having it delivered to other people?
My own assessments:
Dominos- good crust, mediocre toppings
Pizza Hut- good stuffed crust and chicken, mediocre toppings
Papa Johns- mediocre crust, good toppings
Little Caesars- what do you expect for $5?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdcastle View Post
Delivery drivers don't work for free. Even thought they collect tips Dominos has to pay them their base salary. Since I always go to pick up my pizza why should I have to subsidize the cost of having it delivered to other people?
My own assessments:
Dominos- good crust, mediocre toppings
Pizza Hut- good stuffed crust and chicken, mediocre toppings
Papa Johns- mediocre crust, good toppings
Little Caesars- what do you expect for $5?
Good point. It's how I feel about taxpayers paying for sports stadiums. I don't go to the games so why should I pay for it?

Even though you make a good point, there's something you're forgetting. You're ALREADY paying for the "added costs" of delivery. You always have been because those costs were added to the price of pizza a long time ago. Ever since the delivery fee was concocted, pizza places did NOT adjust the price of the pizza back down. Now they're collecting on both ends of the deal - in the price, and in the delivery.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:52 PM

49 posts, read 79,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_shackleford View Post
And I never thought somebody would think Domino's grows tomato plants behind the store so their pizza artisans can dice them up fresh for each $8 order.
What? Behind the store by the dumpster is the perfect place to grow tomatoes.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_shackleford View Post
That's an exaggeration. I didn't say they had to grow them or that they even had to be organic. Tomatoes are available year round in stores. This isn't a problem for other pizza places and they're not an extra $8 per order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul