Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 02:56 PM

284 posts, read 1,653,157 times

Advertisements

Now that I'm finally back in Minnesota, I'm ready to do some cross-country skiing!

I'm a little confused about the season passes, though. I've seen that there are at least three different types of parks that I might ski (Minneapolis City Parks, Hennepin County Parks and MN State Parks).

All offer their own season passes, but does anyone know if it's possible to buy one pass and use at all parks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 03:38 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,073,556 times
Some state park passes work at county parks while some county park passes work at parks in more then one county. You need an entrance pass AND a ski pass for most county/state parks. The entrance pass for the state parks is good year round, $25 I think. The state ski pass is $15 for the season/skier. If you find a good for all pass let me know but I don't think there is such a thing.

We are heading out to Lebanon Hills in Eagan on Sunday to Ski.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:20 AM

987 posts, read 3,803,098 times
The great Minnesota ski pass works for all state parks. You will need a state park vehicle permit to park in the park itself. This pass also works for Carver, Washington, and Anoka counties, and best of all, St. Paul.

Hennepin parks is now known as Three Rivers Park District. Their pass works in all their parks. Unlike before, you do not need a parking permit nor a Minnesota ski pass anymore. $50 for a season pass, $25 for every other pass in the same household, or a daily pass is $4.

A Minneapolis parks pass is $25. It works for Wirth, Columbia, Hiawatha, and Gross parks. No other pass necessary.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:48 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,073,556 times
We just got back from Lebanon Hills, no pass required, parking or trial pass. It was pretty busy there but the trails are in pretty good shape.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:24 PM

751 posts, read 1,167,657 times
Great thread! I know this is bad but I xc-skied an entire season with no pass. I am not for breaking the rules though but I guess I was just too lazy to get a pass LOL. Did Theo Wirth a few times, pretty fun when it is groomed right. Then I started going to Como Park and I still think Como Park is great. I remember going there late at night sometimes and just being the only person out there, lots of fun. My favorite place here in the Cities is Elm Creek Park Preserve in Osseo. Quit going there because it was a long drive for me but Como Park is still awesome. Do not do as I did, please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul