Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 10:15 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,739,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonResident View Post
City council should be those who wish to serve not profit. Don't forget their multiple assistants make money as well maybe we can hire a thirteenth interpreter for mpls as well.
But WHY "should" it be only those who can afford to work for free? That really limits the pool of applicants. In that scenario, we might save a few bucks but it will cost us in the long run if the quality of city council members is lower as a result.

The assistants work hard, too; not sure if you've had dealings with city council before, but in Minneapolis the city council members and their aides keep plenty busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 09:30 PM

357 posts, read 444,333 times
Quote:
City council should be those who wish to serve not profit. Don't forget their multiple assistants make money as well maybe we can hire a thirteenth interpreter for mpls as well.
A friend of mine from Baton Rouge once told me that candidates pay a fortune to get elected to the most lowly positions such as Parish Planning Commission and the like. They don't pay much, but the graft and kick-backs make one a fortune. Maybe something like that goes on in San Antonio.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:37 PM

871 posts, read 1,088,940 times
Quote:
Atlanta City Council approves $567 million budget, spars with mayor and judges | Atlanta News & Opinion Blog | Fresh Loaf | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Thanks for adding to the discussion. Thed. Did a good job of drawing the discussion into a personal attack on one persons property taxes. I can't find atlanta's budget of 1.88 billion can you post a link please. Because if its true it would make me feel a lot better about mpls spending. I do know"general fund" is used to disguise a lot of low hanging special interest money.
Get over yourself. You've been posting false information on a number of points, as my posts show. Pointing out false information is not a personal attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul