U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:07 PM

111 posts, read 331,234 times

Advertisements

Im a 14 year old girl that lives in north minneapolis. I ve been reading a lot of peoples post about the northside. yall cant talk about it unless you live here. i lived here all my life and i love it. yeah we got the nickname Murdeapolis.but you aint even got to get caught up in all of that mess. if you stay out of other peoples bussiness you aint gonna get murked aka killed.yeah most of our murders didnt have a pourpose but mostly everybody who got killed were either snitches or hung around gangbangers. yall people talkin so much about us why dont yall try to help out.us kids have nothin to look forward to. all the boys hustle most of the girls are pregnant or have kids.get us programs ive us jobs so we can have somethin to look forward to. quit barkin and start biting.

Last edited by northsider14; 11-04-2006 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: title
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2006, 03:11 PM

195 posts, read 1,040,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider14 View Post
get us programs ive us jobs so we can have somethin to look forward to. quit barkin and start biting.
Why does somebody have to do it for you? Maybe that is part of your problem. Take responsibility for your own actions. You get out of life what you put in to it.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:02 PM

25 posts, read 23,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Icy River Vagabond View Post
Why does somebody have to do it for you? Maybe that is part of your problem. Take responsibility for your own actions. You get out of life what you put in to it.
Exactly.

I worked my way up from nothing without help. You can do it too.

Starting to speak english instead of "ghetto ebonics" is a good place to start. More people will take you seriously.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:58 PM

26,088 posts, read 38,651,790 times
i can feel her. i dont live in the ghetto but its still nice to have SOME help to change a situation. dont talk if u aint willing to do nothing to help.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:54 PM

102 posts, read 602,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider14 View Post
us kids have nothin to look forward to.
Of course you do. This is the United States of America! Once you're an adult, you can do anything you want to. You could go to college and become a successful worker in any job you want. You could join the military and defend our country. Or, you could do any other great thing you wanted to do. This is not a society where you have to do the same job your family has been doing for generations, and raise your kids in the same neighborhood you grew up in. You are free to do any great thing or live anywhere. You say you are 14. You are probably in high school, like me. Try your hardest, and if you get an F, don't chuckle. Learn from your mistakes and change them. Stay out of trouble. You can hang out with anyone. You don't have to hang with murders or bad gangsters who pull you down. Live your own life! Don't give in to negative peer pressure, and don't even touch drugs or alcohol. Get involed in your community, volunteer, and make a difference. You and your peers will decide the future of North Minneapolis. You don't have nothing to look forward to, you just don't want to have anything to look forward to. Make goals and reach for them. Live your life to the fullest!

Old 11-15-2006, 01:11 PM

Location: Lakeville, MN - 4th nicest place in the nation to raise a family
285 posts, read 1,125,354 times
Default Hmmm....

Guys, don't worry!

If you're not a snitch or a gangbanger, you're safe.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:41 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,416,003 times
Default to northsider14

OHH CHIILLLDDDD,
I'm from D-town, DETROIT, and I can say you can raise above all this. Go to school and pay attention. Read not only your text work but other published works as well. If you can not get into a college or university due to expenses, than join the military for the GI bil. You only have to serve two years to quailfy for it, and it's well worth it. I have been in your shoes and I went to school for pre med. Hold your head up and always, always look forward. Think positive. And do not take NO for an answer.
If you need any more positive feed back, look for mentors in your community, not in a forum. The only person that can grant you your dreams is the person in the mirror. Knock the chip off the shoulder and take responsibilty for your actions. I Got Out!!!! You can to! I work for a prominent drug company as a pharmacy rep. And I get paid more than some of the MDs. Turn it around, child! I did!
cheers and aloha....Brian

Old 11-19-2006, 07:51 PM

111 posts, read 331,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
dont talk if u aint willing to do nothing to help.
THANK YOU. you cant really talk about something you havent experinced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
look for mentors in your community, not in a forum.
i had a mentor but she was a dead beat no one really cares about us children from the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmweather! View Post
Of course you do. This is the United States of America! Once you're an adult, you can do anything you want to.
This might be th united states but they dont care about the hood they try to isolate us as much as possible.were only on the news for bad stuff they never show anything good about the hood. and most of us dont make it to adulthood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert P Stewart View Post
Guys, don't worry!

If you're not a snitch or a gangbanger, you're safe.
Im surrounded by gangbangers im one too.

Last edited by Marka; 11-22-2006 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 11-22-2006, 06:07 PM

102 posts, read 602,374 times
northsider14, listen to what brikag said. Brikag is from dt-detroit, and is now out and living successfully. Brikag is an expert who was once in your shoes, but made good decisions and is now having a good time. Sure, I've never lived in the ghetto, but I live less than 20 miles from you, and I KNOW that in America, everyone is equal. Just start realizing that you are equal to anyone in the world, and get a positive attitude. Life is way better if you are out of trouble and have a positive attitude. I'm not lying, and I'm not joking, trust me. The only person who can keep you from having a good, safe, long, respectable life is YOU! Make the right choices.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:12 PM

10,244 posts, read 15,130,155 times
I am looking to buy a house in Minneapolis. I'm a first time buyer and want something relatively small and moreso, affordable. While looking around, I realized that houses in the North Side are far cheaper than any other part of the city. I would roughly estimate homes in this area to average 80-150% cheaper than the rest of the city. There are some aspects of this area that attract me like the amount of diversity, the proximity to my work, parents, friends, downtown, etc and obviously house prices. However, I've come to the conclusion that it wouldn't be worth it. Houses in that area are very difficult to sell and they aren't appreciating in value like other parts of the city. Also, the risk of vandalism and theft are a little high for my taste.

I was looking at a house on 21st and Irving the other day. It was built in 2003, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, detached 2 car garage, 1338 sq ft...perfect. The only problem? The property was vandalized and all the visible copper plumbing was stripped. These are complications I'd prefer not to deal with. I think I'll pay the extra 30-50k to get a house in Northeast or South Minneapolis.

I gave the near-north/camden communities a chance but there is no way I'm going to make a poor investment and put myself and my property at risk...not until plans are made to remove some of the subsidized housing and undertake some serious urban renewal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul