U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 06:09 PM

12 posts, read 61,074 times

Advertisements

Just wondering in anyone out there uses Earthlink, and what you think of their reliability, speed, and overall performance! Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 AM

8,342 posts, read 24,264,309 times
I had Earthlink 3 or 4 years ago and thought that the speed was ok. I thought that the price was a bit spendy, but back then DSL was priced much higher. I only had two complaints with them which were: 1-There were a few times when the phone lines were down and it took Qwest a few days to a few weeks to get around to fixing them. 2-you sign a one year contract, which I broke three times. One was to litterally move across the hall, one was to move down the street and the last time was to shut it off for good. The first two times I was charged $200 for early termination (even though I was going to continue Earthlink at the new location), but then credited back the $200 when it got hooked back up. When I was disconnecting the service for the third and final time I was told that since I had Earthlink for a total of just under two years that I fullfilled my one year contract and I would not be charged an early termination fee. Well, I got charged anyways since my last run of Earthlink at the new place was only for ten months.

So, screw them. Besides, for what you will pay for Earthlink + paying for a land line service you might as well get Comcast.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul