Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 01:41 AM

1 posts, read 623 times

Advertisements

I was on unemployment for about 2 mnths starting back in January and then started a new job on March 3rd. The job did not exactly work out and I was fired. Am i able to get back on unemployment while I scramble to look for something that is a better fit? I overslept... that was the reason I was let go.

please give me some good advice people as to what i need to do or can.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 06:11 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,365,052 times
I think you should be able to reactivate your account. I think you're account stays open for somewhere around a year. Here's something I copied and pasted from the MN unemployment website...

What if I’m unemployed again?

Log in to your account. at Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program - Official Website - Home or call the automated phone system. You will be guided to either reactivate your account or apply for a new account. Either way you should be ready to provide details about your most recent employment. Remember to make sure your contact information, tax withholding and direct deposit information is up-to-date.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:02 AM

367 posts, read 539,404 times
According to the MN Unemployment Handbook:

"Generally, in Minnesota you have to have lost your job through no fault of your own in order to collect unemployment. In most cases, this means that if you get fired, you cannot collect unemployment benefits. If you get fired from your job, you should go ahead and apply for unemployment benefits, because there are some cases where you can be fired from your job and still get benefits. If you feel like you were fired unfairly, or there were extenuating circumstances, be sure to tell you unemployment counselor about them. If your unemployment application is denied because you were fired, you also have the right to appeal the decision."

Based on this, I'm not sure you'll be able to open a new account to collect given that you were fired for just cause (oversleeping), but I'd recommend you touch base with the Unemployment Agency and see if you are eligible to re-apply for your original benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul