Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 09:21 PM

221 posts, read 318,322 times

Advertisements

I currently live in a very northern suburb of the twin cities and prior to that I lived in a very southern suburb of the twin cities. I am wanting to move to Minneapolis this summer. I have zeroed in on a few specific areas of interest but I am having a hard time finding apartments that are good quality and reasonably priced. I am a single female working as a teacher. I don't make a LOT of money but enough to live comfortably. That being said, the max I'd probably be willing to pay on a 1 bedroom apartment would be between $1100 and $1200.

I have lived in two very large, modern, cookie-cutter buildings. The amenities have been great- decent sized rooms, nice kitchen/appliances, laundry in the unit, central air conditioning, underground parking garage. I don't need (or really WANT) to be in another big, modern apartment. In fact, I'm very much drawn to old vintage buildings, but I do like nice, updated apartments. I think I've been spoiled with living in the suburbs, but I'm willing to face the facts that I likely can't have everything moving into the city.

I've focused a lot on uptown, but I know stuff can be fairly expensive there for what you get. I'd almost rather be outside of uptown, in any direction. I don't know much about south or southwest Minneapolis, but that seems like a cool area. I've also been trying to look in Lowry Hill, Loring Park, Whittier, Lyn-Lake. I don't know, I just feel clueless.

I have been using craigslist and the app padmapper. I've started to just google "apartments in ___(Minneapolis neighborhood)____" but am feeling overwhelmed with the results or lack of results.

Any advice on any of these areas? I'd love to hear from people that live in these areas (or others nearby) and what you like or don't like. Do you recommend it? Do you pay a lot? Any information you can provide would be very helpful! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
View detailed profiles of: