Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do the gyms or buses in Minneapolis seem to be overcrowded?
Yes 5 45.45%
No 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:10 PM

288 posts, read 344,932 times

Advertisements

Do the gyms or buses in Minneapolis seem to be overcrowded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 05:22 PM

119 posts, read 144,992 times
I can't speak for the gyms but I do use the buses frequently. The inner-city, especially the high frequency routes, are often very crowded. To some real degree, the service level fails to meet the demand, especially on weekends and holidays when service is further reduced.

It's better than nothing but could be a lot better, speaking only of the buses.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:04 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
this should be a poll...moderator?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
this should be a poll...moderator?
Done....

Old 09-04-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montymontage View Post
I can't speak for the gyms but I do use the buses frequently. The inner-city, especially the high frequency routes, are often very crowded. To some real degree, the service level fails to meet the demand, especially on weekends and holidays when service is further reduced.

It's better than nothing but could be a lot better, speaking only of the buses.
Would you classify the bus system as not being very good in Minneapolis?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:44 AM

119 posts, read 144,992 times
LowTune,

I'd classify as better than other places of similar size but less than adequate for the needs of those who rely on it exclusively. It puts users at a distinct competitive disadvantage compared to motorists.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:01 AM

540 posts, read 1,096,998 times
The bus service is decent in the core cities of Minneapolis/St Paul but out in the suburbs, it can be pretty bad, especially on nights and weekends. For instance, I had a night class for my job so I couldn't take my usual express bus back home to Apple Valley. The trip took over two hours using three buses. A lot of the time is due to waiting at transfer points. That is one area I really think needs to be improved.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:05 PM

370 posts, read 903,497 times
Bus service doesn't seem overly crowded, though some rushes are SRO.
I will say that the routing is pretty lame. If I have to bus to Southdale (Edina) from the Wayzata area I need to pass through downtown. Yeah, yeah, I know. I should just be happy I can do it at all.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:18 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,739,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTune View Post
Would you classify the bus system as not being very good in Minneapolis?
Depends on your needs. It is pretty good for a metro area of our size, but it's no NYC. It also depends on where you are taking it. As others have said, it's pretty good in most parts of the city; it can range in the suburbs from adequate to practically non-existent. as far as crowding, depends on route and time. It does upset me that they can't run more buses on routes or at times with known consistent over-crowding.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
Depends on your needs. It is pretty good for a metro area of our size, but it's no NYC. It also depends on where you are taking it. As others have said, it's pretty good in most parts of the city; it can range in the suburbs from adequate to practically non-existent. as far as crowding, depends on route and time. It does upset me that they can't run more buses on routes or at times with known consistent over-crowding.
That is very curious, given that Minnesota is one of the higher taxing states in the U.S. Especially with it's income tax. It seems as though it would be able to provide more competent public services, especially when being compared to a state like Washington (which doesn't have a state income tax).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul