Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2015, 10:40 AM

4 posts, read 3,183 times

Advertisements

I was really taken off guard on Friday when I was recently given negative feedback in regards to my job. I've worked here 3 years and have never been given bad feedback. I normally get the "they could never replace you" type of feedback from everyone there. The manager pretty much accused me of things that I didn't do and told me I did an awful job. The thing is is one of the items is some engineering construction packages that get done offsite. All I did was send them off to the gal in charge of package distribution. I was the one finding mistakes and sending them back to the person telling them to fix their mistakes. Somehow it's my mistake that this person messed up! I'm extremely upset as i had been on maternity leave and came back feeling as though I never got my job back. I explained to him this is the first time I've heard about anything negative. I also explained I had been the one asking this other person to fix the packages and that I had received comments back from this person regarding how thankful they were to have me around etc..I just don't know what more to say or do. I feel I go out of my way for everyone the last three years and busted my butt for nothing! I really want to go to my direct supervisor located in our Beaumont office and explain all this and ask him for advice...but I feel the news of me going to him will end up coming back to my site manager and I'd end up fired.
There's also been other issues of sexual harassment from the design coordinator to point her removed his genitalia from his pants a few times..
And this other gentleman several people complained about him. He'd make nasty comments to people. We have all pretty much been told to stop complaining! Which people have quit because of him!
Not sure what more there is to say or do. I do love my job there and what I do. After three years of hearing positive and coming back from my leave to hear this I'm not sure what to do or think or even say anymore! What do I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 10:56 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
How did your negative review affect your job? Are you upset for that alone or were you deprived of a position or a raise? Wasnt really understanding some of your post as you got totally off point towards the end. No matter how great things look everyone ends up in their years of employment with a not so flattering review. Think your making a big issue out of this. Unless you can come up with issues that pertain to you only Id leave well enough alone. If you feel your job is in jeopardy start looking for another one.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:09 AM

4 posts, read 3,183 times
I ended up not getting a raise for the first time since I've been there.
He pretty much made accusations of my work that directly made me look like I wasn't doing my job, when I know for certain I am since everyone else gives me such positive feedback. I discussed this briefly with two female coworkers and they were both completely floored!
I didn't get a raise yet the pathetic ass that nobody likes and treats everyone awful got a huge raise. I know I'm an excellent employee otherwise I don't think they would have been given me $2 raises etc. I started there 3 years ago at $15/hr and am up to $21 which tells me I'm right about myself. How does one go from excellent reviews with no problems to a huge problem employee with issues?? The fact that we have so much turnover proves something is wrong!

Old 09-20-2015, 01:58 PM

119 posts, read 144,947 times
If the manager accused you of things you didn't do then either he/she or someone else is lying. Union job? Can you afford a wrongful termination lawsuit? If not, I'd plan on 'voting with your feet.' I know, it's not fair but you might spare yourself a fair deal of annoyance.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:32 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,142,714 times
this would be better placed in the work/employment forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul