Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,432 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Minneapolis , Edina area. We have a kid who goes to Elementary school and heard that Edina district has good schools. so planning to move there, even thought my work location is in Burnsville. Can some one suggest me good apartments for rent in Edina that has Asian-Indian communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 08:16 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,790,832 times
Edina=Every Day I Need Attention
Actually there are plenty of suburbs (if that's your bag) that would be just fine. If you are working in Burnsville you could consider apple valley or lakeville. Schools are, for the most part, what you make of them. Poverty is the single largest indicator of success in schools. Not a lot of poverty in Edina. My kids went to a school inside the borders of the city. And if you took the test scores of the school and removed ESL (don't speak English at home) and free and reduced lunch (indicative of poverty) kids, the remaining children had scores comparable to or higher than their suburban counterparts.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:34 AM

280 posts, read 473,863 times
Well said. I only here of specific schools when there is a problem, or if they are doing well in sports...which is no way to judge the opportunities that present themselves.

Lakeville is a fine district. I suppose nothing wrong with Edina either. I would say you might have a better work/life balance finding a school closer to home. Any suburban school will be okay, it's how well the student applies themselves, sets goals and does not accept failure that will determine if they are a success. Parents helping guide that pattern helps as well.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:15 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,734,106 times
Clearly, education is your highest priority and you have made a good choice in selecting Edina schools. Do not let anyone sway you from it. Before you sign a lease, check with the school district to be sure that that address is in the Edina School District. Cities and schools districts are separate legal entities in Minnesota and though they may share a name, they may have different boundaries.

As to apartments with a higher Asian Indian population, that I don't know about. From what I read, there has been a good increase in Asian Indian population here in the Twin Cities. You might get better feedback on something like that through the India Association of Minnesota, as I don't see much on the topic here at CD.

Good luck and welcome to Minnesota.

http://iamn.org/homepage

Old 09-24-2015, 03:38 PM

219 posts, read 314,230 times
Actually there are quite a few Asian Indians living in the Cedars of Edina Apartments and surrounding buildings just a couple blocks from Cornelia Elementary School. In fact I would guess Cedars is majority Asian Indian, probably by a pretty good margin.

That location would be as convenient to Burnsville as any in Edina and there is a great deal of shopping and dining within walking distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul