Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:11 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,298 times

Advertisements

I need to find a new bank. I Only want it for paying bills. No atm card for easy access. I dont wanna be tempted to take money out. I only want to use it for paying bills. NOthing else. Im already with us bank. NO issues with them. I just want something different and there are too many us banks. so im always tempted to withdraw money. Please no tcf or wells fargo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 11:23 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Many credit unions can only accept members with a certain affiliation or geographical area. Which part of town do you live in?

Old 01-19-2016, 11:34 AM

219 posts, read 313,484 times
Ally or CapitalOne 360. Online only. so when they send you an ATM card, shred it and there is no way for you to take out cash because they have no physical locations. You could effectively do the same thing with Chase as they have no locations anywhere in Minnesota.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:47 AM

im in edina. I have never used an online bank. I still prefer a physical location. Perhaps one in minneapolis/st paul. Because i will not drive to minneapolis or st paul or a daily basis.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:51 AM

367 posts, read 545,524 times
I'd suggest Bremer Bank. It is local - headquartered in St. Paul - and only operates in MN, WI, and ND. It invests heavily in the community and provides excellent service. You don't need to have a debit or ATM card with any account but can enroll in online banking to make bill paying easier. As an added bonus, there is a location in Edina where you reside.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody2Mn View Post
I'd suggest Bremer Bank. It is local - headquartered in St. Paul - and only operates in MN, WI, and ND. It invests heavily in the community and provides excellent service. You don't need to have a debit or ATM card with any account but can enroll in online banking to make bill paying easier. As an added bonus, there is a location in Edina where you reside.
some of those reviews on facebook are pretty harsh. should i be worried?

Old 01-19-2016, 01:36 PM

367 posts, read 545,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
some of those reviews on facebook are pretty harsh. should i be worried?
I personally have had nothing but a great experience with them.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:20 PM

264 posts, read 313,929 times
I have been a member of the Affinity Plus credit union for many years; its bill pay site and app work great. There is only a handful of locations in the Twin Cities. Good advice on shredding the debit card - or just tell them to not issue it and send it to you.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvoyd View Post
I have been a member of the Affinity Plus credit union for many years; its bill pay site and app work great. There is only a handful of locations in the Twin Cities. Good advice on shredding the debit card - or just tell them to not issue it and send it to you.
the only one i think i qualify for is number 7. I dont work for the state

1. be an employee or volunteer of the State of Minnesota, the University of Minnesota or any organization that receives funding from the State of Minnesota (including, but not limited to, most schools, community colleges, private and public universities, nursing homes and hospitals, counties, cities, and nonprofit groups)
  2. be a dues paying member or volunteer of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association, be a member, alumnus, or volunteer of the Minnesota State University Student Association (MSUSA), which is made up of students from Bemidji State, Metropolitan State, MSU Mankato, MSU Moorhead, Southwest MN State, St. Cloud State, and Winona State.
  3. live, work, worship, or volunteer in Roseville, Arden Hills, Mounds View, Shoreview, St. Anthony or New Brighton
  4. live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in downtown Minneapolis or downtown St. Paul
  5. be an employee or volunteer of one of our Preferred Partners
  6. be a relative or housemate of any eligible person or current member
  7. make a one-time, $25 life-time dues payment to the Affinity Plus Foundation.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:06 PM

701 posts, read 1,708,978 times
Connexus Credit Union (formerly Endura). A couple branches in the area and only a handful of ATMs.

I opened my account online (no necessary qualifications) and occasionally go to the branch at the Honeywell plant (Golden Valley, intersection of Douglas and Duluth).

An added benefit is that it's an interest-bearing checking account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul