Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 12:19 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,772,773 times

Advertisements

Now if is wasn't for the 1 billion dollars spent on that ugly piece of crap I would swear it was a joke being played on the people of Minnesota. I can't believe how they can spend that much money and not come up with something that is truly nice to look at. It looks like over sized factory. If you want to see some pleasant looking stadiums just google football stadiums/images and you will see some nice ones. I looked at dozens of those images and didn't see one as ugly as the USBank stadium. Not only is it ugly but the name sounds crappy. USBANK? Why not a real name instead of a commercial enterprise that has been ripping people off for hundreds of years. Lets keep in mind that the USBANk stadium will be there all our lives if we live another 75 years which most of us won't. It wouldn't suprise me one bit if it didn't draw crowds and would go bankrupt, I personally wouldn't pay $20 dollars for a seat in that stadium. I don't know about you but that stadium is just one more nail in the declining sport of football. Argue what you want but football isn't as popular as it used to be and I agree with Economy Magazine that pro football is going to go the way of boxing in the 1930s and cowboy and indian movies that became unpopular after being the most popular things around for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 01:08 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
It's not going to be around for 75 years. Football will not survive the CTE issue because in ten years no one will let their kid play football, and because insurance companies will not touch the liability issue, high school and rec programs will fold.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:22 PM

168 posts, read 256,437 times
I like modern architecture. I hate the stadium design. Glenfield is right. I think football is dying out.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:26 PM

413 posts, read 789,725 times
It's a work of startling architectural honesty (though perhaps inadvertently). The stadium aesthetically reflects the ugliness of what it is: a massive, unjustified taxpayer handout to a business whose value is estimated at over a billion dollars.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:56 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
still warms the cockles of my heart every time I see one of these

I hardly ever get what I want

Old 02-06-2016, 09:30 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,042 times
Just saying.

Vikings Home

Old 02-06-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
Just saying.

Vikings Home
Do you think the seats are selling because if the appearance of the stadium? Just wondering what it is that you're just saying, 'cause you don't exactly say what it is that you're, you know , just saying.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:21 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
So the outside of the stadium somehow matters? With that logic, no person would have ever gone to a Twins or Vikings game at the Metrodome. Nevermind what the inside looks like I like the outside, it doesn't look like every other generic football stadium. My brother has already renewed and bought his new seats.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
So the outside of the stadium somehow matters? With that logic, no person would have ever gone to a Twins or Vikings game at the Metrodome. Nevermind what the inside looks like I like the outside, it doesn't look like every other generic football stadium. My brother has already renewed and bought his new seats.
It matters only because it is part of the city skyline. The question is whether it enhances the appearance of the area or detracts from it; this has nothing to do with whether or not the Vikings are selling tickets. I probably helped take us off track with my comment about the impact of CTE on the sport, so apologies for that.

Just in terms of the exterior aesthetics, I don't care for it. The flat black makes it look unfinished to my eye, and I think it is unattractive.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:17 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Do you think the seats are selling because if the appearance of the stadium? Just wondering what it is that you're just saying, 'cause you don't exactly say what it is that you're, you know , just saying.

I'm just saying what the website states when you look at it, simple as that. Not sure how that can be misconstrued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
View detailed profiles of: