U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2016, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 644 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am from Arizona and looking into Concordia university as an option for education next year and to play athletics there. I would appreciate any insight on the following subject areas please!

Rent (think 1 bedroom college apartment) in the area
Nightlife
Public Transportation
How brutal are the winters?
Things to do

How far in a car is the university from downtown minneapolis and downtown st paul?

Thank you so much in advance for any help, I've never been up there although I am visiting in a few weeks but I would appreciate some unbiased opinions and help on these things.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 05:49 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,065,956 times
My responses are written as follows in bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertjock View Post
Rent (think 1 bedroom college apartment) in the area: not sure of actual rents, but there should a fairly wide range available. There's a lot of older well-maintained apartment buildings towards Grand & Summit, plus rental houses for students (Macalester College isn't too far to the south and west of Concordia. There's a new Development anchored by Whole Foods at Snelling & Selby, which probably has pretty strong rents (approx $2.00 psf or so)
Nightlife most nightlife is concentrated in Mpls: either downtown or Uptown/Lyn-Lake, but St. Paul is well represented with nice bars, restaurants and some music venues. O'Garas at Snelling & Selby is a iconic neighborhood bar, Selby between Dale and Western has a nice collection of restaurants, bars and The famed St. Paul Curling Club. Midway on University near Snelling has a range of places including dive bars (some a bit dicey), the Turf Club is a good place for music
Public Transportationbuses are pretty decent, especially along Snelling, which would bring you to the LRT along University Avenue, which links both downtowns & the U of M.
How brutal are the winters?probably as brutal as AZ summers
Things to doit's a metro area of over 3 million, there's all kinds of things to see and do. While Mpls has the main campus of the U of M (along with Augsburg and MCAD, St. Paul has lots of smaller colleges and Universities, so there's a lot of college students in the Twin Cities

How far in a car is the university from downtown minneapolis and downtown st Paul the downtowns are about nine miles apart and Concordia is between the two downtowns, slightly closer to dt St. Paul than Mpls

Thank you so much in advance for any help, I've never been up there although I am visiting in a few weeks but I would appreciate some unbiased opinions and help on these things.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul