Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 09:04 PM

17 posts, read 10,895 times

Advertisements

My hubby will potentially be doing a shortish work stint in Brooklyn Park. I am hoping to get some feedback
on the area and guidance to the best area to look for lodging. Location looks to be East of 169 on Winnetka.
In some areas we have been fortunate to find a VRBO instead of a hotel.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 04:40 PM

298 posts, read 750,564 times
Will your husband be working along Winnetka Avenue just east of US highway 169 in the northern part of Brooklyn Park near Minnesota Highway 610 or in the southern portion of Brooklyn Park near Interstate 694?

Check with a local real estate agent or property management company to inquire about short term house or condominium rentals in the northwest suburbs. Otherwise, there are lodging options in Brooklyn Park and surrounding suburbs.

The only two hotels in Brooklyn Park, I can think of, are both at the interchange of I-694 and Boone Avenue (exit #30). They are the very nice Marriott hotel (formerly the Northland Inn) and a La Quinta Inn right across Boone Ave.

The next door suburb of Maple Grove has more lodging options Right off I-694 and Hemlock Lane (exit #28) right next to the Arbor Lakes shopping complex. Holiday inn and suites along with Courtyard by Marriott on the east side of Hemlock Lane. West of Hemlock on Elm Creek Boulevard are the Hampton Inn and the Staybridge Suites.

At Interstate 494 and Bass Lake Road (exit #26), there is a Hilton Garden Inn and an Extended Stay America

The Cambria Suites is right off of Interstate 94 and Maple Grove Parkway (exit # 213) with easy access to Minnesota Highway 610.

Staying along hwy 610, crossing the Mississippi River into Coon Rapids and Blaine will get you the Comfort Inn and Suites, Fairfield Inn by Marriott and a Holiday Inn Express, all near the Northtown Mall.

There are also numerous options in Brooklyn Center at I-694 and Shingle Creek Parkway (exit # 34).

Last edited by mn55110; 06-13-2016 at 05:47 PM..

Old 06-14-2016, 05:58 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,257,141 times
Is his company picking up the hotel bill?
If so, I recommend staying in downtown Minneapolis. He would have a 20 minute commute.
Otherwise I suggest a hotel in Maple Grove as noted by 55110 above.
Remember, when you get a hotel, you get what you pay for. A LaQuinta may be dicey as well as the Red Roof Inn at 394 and 55. My brother is a task force member on a nearby PD who is in "the know" and has to make frequent visits there. It.s a fine area in Plymouth but for some reason that whole group of hotel is dicey.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:55 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Brooklyn park is a tale of two suburbs. South of 85th is shadytown, north of 85th (near 610), is a nice, safe suburb that is still under development.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:47 AM

34 posts, read 50,827 times
Intown suites is just down the road off of 610. They advertise weekly rates of $300, you may be able to get them to knock some off that. This is an extended stay place so they will have a kitchenette in the room, which will help save on food costs.

https://goo.gl/maps/d3vj8vnqP6k

Old 07-25-2016, 11:48 PM

298 posts, read 750,564 times
The In Town Suites is right off of highway 610 at the Coon Rapids Boulevard exit. This is the same freeway exit you would take for the Northtown Mall.

There is also an Extended Stay America hotel in Brooklyn Center off of Interstate 694 and Shingle Creek Parkway (exit #34). There is also a DoubleTree hotel, Quality Inn and Suites, Best Western Plus, Country Inn and Suites and Motel 6 right along I-694 and Shingle Creek Parkway.

If your employer does not agree to paying for a downtown Minneapolis hotel, my recommendation would be any of the Maple Grove hotels I metioned in an earlier post, especially not knowing if you will be working in northern Brooklyn Park or southern Brooklyn Park.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:42 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
It's gotta be the Target Campus on Winnetka/Broadway and 169/610. You could look for a vrbo on the Mississippi River in either Champlin, Anoka, Coon Rapids, Dayton area. Anoka has downtown area that's pretty cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul