Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:48 PM

464 posts, read 802,854 times

Advertisements

For us, it tends to be a combination of Target and Cub because they're what's closest and we can hit up both quickly in the same trip. The Cub by us is undergoing renovations at the moment; I think the company knows there's more competition in town and thus they need to up their game a bit. We'll occasionally shop at a mercado as well for tortillas, chorizo, certain baked goods, etc.

We sometimes shop at Hy-Vee too; the new one in Eagan is very nice and the prices are competitive. It it were closer, we'd probably shop there the most.

As far as the others go...Lund's/Byerly's is okay if stuff is on sale, and they have good meat and produce as well as great delis and bakeries, but it's a bit expensive for everyday shopping. Kowalski's, while amazing in terms of presentation and store experience, kind of seems like a grocery store for people who don't actually cook, and therefore I'd only go there for certain things. I don't have a TJ's or Whole Foods near me, but I'd probably shop at the former if one was nearby. Super Walmart is okay; to their credit, I've found things there I haven't found elsewhere. I used to shop at Aldi years ago but got tired of the quality and lack of options, though from the sounds of things, I should check them out again.

I've also been meaning to check out Fresh Thyme, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 10:02 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietBlue View Post
For us, it tends to be a combination of Target and Cub because they're what's closest and we can hit up both quickly in the same trip. The Cub by us is undergoing renovations at the moment; I think the company knows there's more competition in town and thus they need to up their game a bit.
Thank you for shopping at Cub Foods, we appreciate your business. It there is anything we can do to make your shopping experience better, please let me know and I can pass it along to our Retail Management. We have done some extensive renovations in several stores with in the past year. We are investing resources to enhance our customer's shopping experiences.

That goes for everyone else too, I know there are some that have been vocal about their dislike, so please let us know what we can do better to serve you.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:22 PM

490 posts, read 623,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Thank you for shopping at Cub Foods, we appreciate your business. It there is anything we can do to make your shopping experience better, please let me know and I can pass it along to our Retail Management. We have done some extensive renovations in several stores with in the past year. We are investing resources to enhance our customer's shopping experiences.

That goes for everyone else too, I know there are some that have been vocal about their dislike, so please let us know what we can do better to serve you.
It would be nice to see some of those renovations at the 36th ave. North Cub Foods.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Burnett View Post
It would be nice to see some of those renovations at the 36th ave. North Cub Foods.
We own and operate over 200 stores nationwide. Of the Cub stores, I think we renovated 9 last year. I will pass the suggestion along. When we do these renovations, it's as much to enhance the shopping experience as to also enable us to market newer items such as prepared meals etc..

This is the one by Highway 100 right?

Old 04-26-2017, 02:48 PM

490 posts, read 623,657 times
Quote:
We own and operate over 200 stores nationwide. Of the Cub stores, I think we renovated 9 last year. I will pass the suggestion along. When we do these renovations, it's as much to enhance the shopping experience as to also enable us to market newer items such as prepared meals etc..

This is the one by Highway 100 right?
Yes, the one by Highway 100. The other Cub stores I've been in are in much better shape, have better produce and make for a more enjoyable shopping experience. The 36th ave North location has the advantage of being quite close to me but I frequently make the longer trip to the Lunds in Golden Valley or the Cub at the Quarry in NE. Thanks for your reply.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:56 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:

deeper discounts on State Fair tickets and coupon books

Old 04-27-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
deeper discounts on State Fair tickets and coupon books
You know what, that is always on my mind when I'm shopping. It does distract from the task at hand. I don't know how I can find my way to the checkout.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:31 PM

106 posts, read 161,180 times
Quote:
I have many complaints about Cub, but the biggest by far is the deli. Pre-sliced cheeses in plastic wrap? No Boar's Head meats or cheeses? It is by far the worst deli department I have ever encountered in a major grocery chain.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:54 AM

143 posts, read 477,637 times
I live near one of the remaining Rainbow locations. It was bought by SuperValu, which owns Cub Foods. Since they are owned by Cub, they accept Cub's coupons. So I essentially get a "double-whammy" because I am able to get BOTH Rainbow's loss leaders plus Cub's loss leaders.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:53 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxster View Post
I live near one of the remaining Rainbow locations. It was bought by SuperValu, which owns Cub Foods. Since they are owned by Cub, they accept Cub's coupons. So I essentially get a "double-whammy" because I am able to get BOTH Rainbow's loss leaders plus Cub's loss leaders.
But, and this is a huge but...they will not accept the Cub card. This is completely inexplicable and the principle reason that nobody shops at the Rainbow by my house (66th and Lyndale). Try going there once. It feels like a grocery store after the zombie apocalypse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul